Sr. Application Engineer
San Jose, CA
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
As an application engineer in the demo team, you will be responsible for tackling the latest customers' process issues by using innovative and logical problem solving skills to maximize e-beam system performance. You will drive and qualify ASML solutions by championing customer technical and manufacturing requirements across different e-beam products. With the team, your deliveries create customer value from technology development to high volume manufacturing.
- Develop and optimize demo recipe for achieving customer targets, analytically study inspection/measurement results, generate insightful demo report for HMI internal stakeholders.
- Develop new function or new feature for challenging application issues, summarize best known method (BKMs) and share with field application engineers.
- Communicate and escalate tool/application issue to HMI D&E, perform failure mode analysis and diagnosis.
Education and experience
As a high potential talent, you have:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in material analysis, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) or semi-conductor process is required.
- 3-5 year experience in related fields is a plus for candidates, including lithography, patterning (pattern transfer) or metrology.
- Proven ability to perform in a fast paced and ambiguous environment while always maintaining focus on customer goals and relationships;
Script level programming skills is plus, including Python, MATLAB and C++.
M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related engineering fields
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Strong analytical thinker (can easily connect the dots);
- Always showing independence and initiative, and a pro-active attitude;
- Customer focused and ability to build long-term partnership;
- Decisive and convincing, ability to lead without power, strong networker;
- Driven never giving-up until the job is completely done;
- Can excel in a multi-cultural environment;
- Understanding the key differences between activity and accomplishment;
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and non-verbal);
- Ability to travel ~10%.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Able to work in an activity based work environment (ABW office)
- Will require travel both domestic and international without restrictions and on short-notice,dependent on business needs 10% of the time. Travel durations can be over 20 hours door to door for international sites.
- Able to support internal and customer meeting at off hours and weekends (Asia and EU time zone collaboration)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer. Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment and associated hazards on occasion, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for duration of time required.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills, and adapt to new roles/assignments
- Able to work at computer station for several hours at a time, from home or office as required
- Adhere to all safety protocols and requirements of a semi-conductor fab ( PPE, gowning, hard hat, etc)
To be completed
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.