Introduction to the job
We are Applications - a novel business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
We are looking for talented Software Test Engineers to join the team responsible for software that keeps the machines in Semiconductor Fabs perfectly calibrated during ongoing production. This could be your next job, so if you would like to join us - please apply!
Role and responsibilities
On a macro level, they take the lead in clarifying the understanding of requirements by all parties involved, by clearly defining why and what are the requirements, and expressing how the requirements are met.
On a micro level, Test Engineers design and implement tests that check the quality and functionality of products, while also coaching the team in quality and testability. They participate in all phases of development, from determining the test approach and procedure to troubleshoot and report errors, to communicating recommendations for improvement to the rest of the product development team.
On an even broader scope, the Test Engineer will cooperate with the Test Architect and represent the team in the Test Community gatherings to exchange ideas, experiences and solutions!
Education and experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Software Test engineering knowledge Bachelor or Master degree in Software Engineering or similar with 5+ years of experience in defining and automating software tests and the generation of test reports; suggest process/tooling improvements where necessary
- Proficiency with testing should be familiar with several testing techniques and tools, as well as be able to interpret results
- Requirements analysis should be able to help domain experts and developers come up with clear, efficient and effective requirements together
- Troubleshooting should be able to spot the issues and perform root cause analysis
- Creativity should be able to envision different scenario variations and also adapt the solution to the project's needs and limitations
- Communication should be able to put information out clearly and concisely
- Knack for learning should be open to learn as the domain is very specific and new technologies are constantly integrated
Healthy mindset Should have an open and inclusive mindset
Tools and knowledge
- Testing tools (e.g. RestAssured, Junit, Jest, Mocha, Enzyme, Cypress, Cucumber)
- Frameworks and practices (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Example Mapping, Microservices)
- Nice-to-have development knowledge: Maven, Git, Spring, React, Docker
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- First of all, you're passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide
- You're analytical, and product- and quality-oriented
- You like to investigate issues, and you're a creative problem solver
- You're open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology
- You're an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work
- You take ownership and you support your team - you're the backbone of your group
- You're client and quality oriented you don't settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
-Demonstrable experience publishing business-oriented web applications (please include details of your portfolio, if applicable)
-Including motivation letter is highly appreciated - yes, we read it :)
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.