Warehouse & Operations Lead
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The warehouse operations lead will manage the 3PL warehouse and support the rollout of new systems & processes. This role is focused on improving material availability, delivery, and performance management of the 3PL partnership.
Role and responsibilities
A key aspect of the role is to work between teams to achieve operational targets within the demanding and fast paced environment. This will require a broad scope of knowledge within the business being able to bring alignment across different functional areas. The operations lead will be responsible for further developing reporting processes to extend visibility to the local organization.
Warehouse Operations Task List:
- Review, research and resolve shipping and receiving issues with 3PL.
- Manage day-to-day escalations related to material availability from customer fab, freight forwarders and 3PL's.
- Primary escalation point for sea freight container reservations, bookings, and loading with 3PL.
- Review KPI Performance with Back Office Team & resolve issues gating achievement of targets.
- Review and analyze 3PL operational performance (S2D, D2S, Last Mile) and opportunities.
- Attend CSCM Daily Kaizen's F2F or Virtual for responsible region(s).
- Manage the local 3PL to steer operations within budget and ensure process adherence.
- Identify and implement possible improvements in collaboration with the central VHV team.
- Meet virtually or F2F with 3PL GMs and drive resolution for staffing and performance challenges.
- Monitor reverse logistics flow with 3PL and help develop mitigation strategies to reduce dock-to-stock processing times.
- Review 3PL Weekly afterhours calls (if applicable) & update summary report to be shared with CSCM Leadership.
- Participate in project meetings to determine any impact within responsible region of 3PL's.
- Review required EHS safety training and certifications for CSCM entering 3PL locations to work.
- Monitor and manage equipment utilization within 3PL's, make recommendation for additions or reductions.
- Meet with LSO Freight to review carrier performance, pick up times, challenges and/or opportunities.
- Prepare Monthly finance report out to Manager.
- Complete 1 slider for any red KPI's with back office team and provide recovery strategy.
- Disseminate US CSCM Leadership information to appropriate TMs.
- Interview/select/coach/mentor new and existing ASML staff.
- Performance reviews and appraisals delivered on time or early.
- Policy Enforcement & Training (Safety, Attendance, Performance, Behavioral, etc.).
Recognition & Discipline:
- Maintain accurate and current teammate training files.
- Develop and maintain a training program to ensure all team members are fully cross-trained and effective.
- Ensure warehouse space and material organization is managed efficiently.
- Develop SOP's for Standardization and Process Controls within CSCM.
- Continuous 5S, everything has a home and everything is in its home unless being used.
- Maintain and update project information prevent "service creep".
- Gemba assigned warehouse sites twice per year with a keen eye on performance obstacles.
- Responsible owner of rigging move-in and move-outs at customer dock and management of ASML dock Coordinators, when applicable.
- Responsible owner of driving down aging Non-SAP materials in the 3PL warehouse.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- Degree or experience as above in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Finance, or Engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of 5S and lean principles is advantageous.
- SAP Experience highly preferred.
- Understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a high pace warehouse environment.
- Organizational skills and follow through a must.
- Knowledge of space utilization and warehouse layouts preferred.
- Must have 5+ years' experience in managing a small team people within in a Warehousing, Distribution, Supply Chain,
- Operations or Production Planning roles.
- Looking for a leader that is able to grow and develop a team. Safety first mentality. Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving ability. Must have excellent work ethic with strong communication skills to engage with both the customer and internal teams.
- Service minded and customer dedicated.
- Result oriented Team player with a convincing pro-active attitude, can do mentality, flexible and highly committed.
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of ASML supply chain procedures is preferred.
- Remain flexible in providing after hours support, as needed.
Advantageous to have experience in:
- Complex multi-national company.
- Semiconductor industry.
- VBA (nice to have).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is subject to travel up to 25-45% of the year depending on regional responsibilities.
Must be able to pass 10 year background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.