Yieldstar Focus Application Engineer
Introduction to the job
Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team whilst providing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges? If so, then please read on for this job opportunity!
Role and responsibilities
As a D&E Application Engineer on YS metrology and integrated solutions for focus you will specify, design, develop and realize modules and components of solutions that fit into the plans of the business line Applications for generating wafer level dense metrology maps, enabling Focus metrology for both DUV and EUV systems.
You define and specify requirements of new functional modules in the Yieldstar and the associated litho computing platform(s). You realize detailed designs for proposed solutions within a team context and prepare for testing and roll out of this functionality after implementation. In the position you are expected to travel to customers and operate on-site for a period of one or more weeks at the time as such securing a close link with the customer environment the solutions are targeted for.
Working in YS Focus Applications requires a combination of knowledge and interest:
- Target design, imaging and processing knowledge to design and understand metrology target (performance)
- Optics/Physics to understand the impact of the YS optical metrology design on the Focus measurement precision and accuracy and come to new inventions to overcome limitations of the system or application
- Data analysis: invent algorithms and KPI's to post-process the YS data towards a robust, reliable, precise and accurate Focus number
- Functional design at engineer level driving SW-based developments in a multidisciplinary agile development team.
- Generate and maintain scripts and tools for pioneering novel flows and enabling efficient troubleshooting performance providing means to step through novel flows.
- Realize improvements (technically and usability) of wafer measurements using scatterometry, this includes hardware, software and algorithm improvements of the scatterometry based metrology solutions. Manage to get the ultimate performance out of the newest (just introduced) platforms.
- Invent, design and improve solutions for wafer metrology within the framework of lithography (scanner focus measurement)
- Data and performance analysis. This with an overview of the entire value chain towards the customer. This includes the analysis of issues interfering with the accuracy of the (Focus) data.
- Proven programming experience at expert level required in Matlab and/or Python
Education and experience
- MSc or PhD in Engineering or Physics
- Established experience in lithography, design/testof measurement systems or experimental setups in optical metrology or spectroscopy is a pre
Customer solution orientation and affinity with the development of workflows to be implemented in Software Application solutions.
0-2 years (or more) experience in a relevant work environment within the industry
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Result oriented attitude; we are looking for a person that can work with set deadlines
- Pragmatic approach; you should be capable of thinking in pragmatic solutions
- Pro-active; it is expected that you take initiative to (help) drive progress
- Strong communication skills in multi-disciplinary environment
- Customer oriented attitude. Solving customer specific problems while keeping generic high volume solutions and maintainability in mind.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Business line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products. Within the Development & Engineering of the Business Line Applications, the Yieldstar Focus & In-Device Metrology (IDM) group is part of the On Product Performance department.
Yieldstar Focus & In-Device Metrology covers the area of physics and mathematics based functionality development required to extract relevant Focus metrics from the raw or pre-processed acquisitions of the Yieldstar metrology tools. The group is responsible for the design, integration and test of new measurement functions enabling the applications of the metrology tool. The group contributes in the area of reticle marker design and Application Reticle/Wafer qualification. In the group we interface with Yieldstar Hardware, Customer Support, Software teams, Local offices worldwide and other D&E groups within the On-Product Performance department.
Travel requirements: this job requires you to travel to locations worldwide (~10-15% of time, typically customer visits of 1-2 weeks few times a year).
A motivation letter to apply for this position is required.
Scatterometry, metrology, semiconductor application, lithography, focus, process control
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.