Astra's mission is to improve life on Earth from space by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Astra delivered its first commercial payload into Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after being founded in 2016. By achieving monthly, weekly, then daily launches, we'll create the infrastructure services our customers need in space to build a healthier and more connected planet. If you're excited by a sense of possibility, the chance to innovate, and make a difference here on Earth, we think you should work here too.
Astra is seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial-minded Director to join the FP&A team. In this role, you will report to the VP of FP&A, where you will have a high level of executive visibility and impact. You will be a key business partner to the entire business, managing financial reporting, headcount, long-range and strategic planning, understanding, and tracking critical financial KPIs, working cross-functionally on strategic initiatives, and driving efficiency in our quarter-end processes.
A successful candidate will provide a solid voice for representing Finance, support/lead cross-functional projects, and thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
How you will fulfill your mission.
· Drive alignment of planning and investment within the company's overall strategic priorities
· Develop, deliver and maintain insightful reporting for internal stakeholders to enable optimal financial management of their area of the business
· Leverage data, financial data, and business understanding to research and recommend business growth opportunities and efficiencies
· Initiate, drive and implement processes that enable the organization to scale
· Identify key operating metrics, and develop executive dashboards to track these metrics and surface findings with strategic recommendations
· 6+ years experience in Corporate FP&A or similar position with an emphasis on forecasting, financial analysis, and financial modeling
· 2+ years experience in Investment Banking with an emphasis on financial modeling and financial analysis
· Self-starter with the ability to operate independently, build processes, implement process improvements, and operate with speed, quality, and agility to achieve business outcomes
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with all levels of management and including the ability to listen well and to influence others
· Experience with headcount and expense planning, and a solid grasp of accounting principles, forecasting, financial modeling, and management reporting
· Experience synthesizing large datasets to consumable executive summaries for stakeholders
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain executive presence while managing shifting timelines and priorities
· Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, with proficiency in cloud-based planning systems (Adaptive/Anaplan) and automated reporting tools (Domo/Tableau)
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Economics
· Prior experience in FP&A roles in equipment manufacturing or aerospace
Ownership of cross-functional projects, processes highly desired
Astra’s mission is to improve life on Earth from space® by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Today, Astra offers one of the lowest cost-per-launch dedicated orbital launch services of any operational launch provider in the world, and one of the industry’s first flight-proven electric propulsion systems for satellites, Astra Spacecraft Engine™. Astra ...