Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You’re a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
About the job
As a Data Engineer, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data lake/warehouse and storage
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data lake/warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client’s proposals
- Author reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required.
You understand how to turn piles of data into actionable insights that our clients can use to their competitive advantage. You can explain complex analytical concepts in non-technical language that business people can understand.
Your skills and experience include:
- Lead solution architect in Enterprise Data Warehouse project delivery, lead designer of the system;
- Good project management skill in project delivery;
- Good communication skill with client facing experience;
- Demonstrate significant experience working with database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems.
- Experience in structured problem-solving assignments and strong project and people management skills
- Advanced Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, T-SQL experience and others. Experience on Azure big data solution is a big plus. Spark and Databricks skills will be preferred.
You probably have a bachelor and above degree in data science, Economics, Statistics or a related field.
You’ve gained at least 5 years of relevant experience.
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.