velopment opportunities. We also need to be more purposeful in how we build the skills of our talent to meet the market opportunities and integrate these in our sales and solutioning motions. In response, we are evolving our Talent Communities (TC) and better aligning our pre-sales and solutioning efforts into Practices.
All BGs will have Practices. Practices will help us deliver exceptional value to our clients with repeatable go-to-market services, industry expertise, and market-leading capability, and help Avanade grow through winning bigger and more complex engagements that require specialist skills across pre-sales through to solutioning and delivery.
Practices are where Avanade’s employees are ‘homed’. Practices are responsible for building and evolving capabilities in line with market and client needs; attracting, developing, and retaining talent; managing deployment of practitioners, and creating/evolving assets and solutions to reduce the cost of sales, delivery and operations. Practices also provide sales, solutioning and delivery support to help us win and deliver projects and services to clients.
Employees from Practices are deployed to client accounts, Integrated Go-to-Market Lines of Business and Plays, and a new Integrated Center of Excellence to support sales, solutioning, and delivery efforts in regions.
The Regional Practice Lead - Customer Experience leads the Customer Experience Practice in the Avanade Business Group for a region. The Customer Experience Practice creates resilient, connected, and profitable customer
experiences in order to find new customer relevance, create customers for life and accelerate growth.
The Regional Practice Lead - Customer Experience is a pivotal role that blends market, sales and solutioning, people, and delivery excellence. This role owns the strategy that ensures the region Practice has the right capabilities to seize market advantage and is responsible for driving business growth, supporting sales development and conversion, solutioning and delivery, and practice strategy, in addition to people, capability, and community development.
This role is accountable for ensuring the practice provides sales, solutioning, and delivery support to client accounts and Integrated Go-to-Market Lines of Business and Plays.
This role is accountable for ensuring the regional practice has the right capabilities, skillsets, and certifications required to deliver client work both today and tomorrow. It is accountable to create a community with common objectives, build culture, and ensures the employee value proposition is brought to life regionally.
In addition to relationships with clients, this role collaborates with business leaders in the region from other practices, Solution Areas (SA), Business Groups (BG), Integrated Go-to-Market (IGTM), Sales, Client Service Leads, Delivery & Solutioning, and internal partners from Human Resources, Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, Skills, Learning and Development, etc. to be successful.
Avanade X BG, this role reports to the Avanade X Region BG Lead and has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Avanade X Area Practice Lead.
The Region Practice Lead manages regional practice employees and is a member of the Region BG Leadership Team. As a leader this role is equally expected to demonstrate and model Avanade’s values, principles, habits, and behaviors.
Key Accountabilities Practice Leadership and Growth
• Define, align (with global/area BG plans, IGTM, and other BGs), implement, and evolve region practice strategy to ensure the region has market leading capabilities. Region strategy and planning drives area and global strategy and planning.
• Manage region (and country where applicable) practice team in line with agreed plans and KPIs
• Incorporate global/area practice priorities into regional practice priorities, cascade to region practice team members and provide feedback loop upwards to global
• Manage and assess performance of regional practice members
• Build strong relationships with regional Avanade, Microsoft, Accenture, and Accenture Song leaders to drive growth of the practice and ensure maximum synergy (https://e.g., working together rather than competing, not duplicating Microsoft skills development, and positioning Avanade as preferred for Microsoft resources)
Sales, Solutioning, and Delivery
• Pro-actively work with Sales, Client Account, and Line of Business/Play Leads to identify, qualify, and prioritize opportunities that will drive additional sales and revenues
• Lead and/or provide support for sales development and closure including provision of insights, demonstrations, creation of proposals, delivery of client presentations and input into contracts
• Lead and/or provide expert solutioning support to assist with sales development/ closure and successful delivery of projects and services
• Own and extend client relationships helping Avanade to broaden its client network and deliver an exceptional client experience
• Assist with the contextualization of the global go-to-market motions, https://e.g., Plays, so that they are relevant and have impact in the regional market
Create and Evolve Practice Assets and Solutions
• Deploy practice assets and solutions localizing them for use in specific Client Groups and accounts
• Provide feedback on specific selling and delivery needs/support required in the region
• Harvest assets created via region engagements and services, highlighting them to Area and Global Practice Leads
• Communicate practice-related trends and client feedback as input and contribution to global new/evolved assets and solutions
Attract, Develop, and Retain Practice Talent
• Define and manage implementation of a holistic regional practice talent plan, inclusive of creating an integrated talent plan with the ATC as appropriate, that includes what talent we need and where (https://i.e., build, buy, borrow, keep), to meet client demand, I&D agenda, and ensure a robust, future ready workforce
• Deliver on employee engagement and wellbeing plan incorporating region-specific requirements and initiatives
• Execute practice-specific skill development plan within the region to ensure regional practice practitioners have the skills required to deliver practice-aligned and IGTM assets and solutions
• Leverage career development pathways to help region practitioners broaden their skills and experience, undertake new roles, and secure promotion
• Foster the network connection to Avanade's Communities of Practice
Manage Deployment of Practice Practitioners
• Define and align region practice workforce needs and plans with global, area, and Workforce Planning and Execution leaders
• Manage implementation of the workforce plan and update it on a periodic basis to reflect business and practice priorities and performance
• Ensure the right practice capabilities and capacity are available to meet regional needs. Identify, communicate, and resolve challenges.
• Own regional practice market utilization and chargeability targets ensuring these are met or exceeded at the regional level
Market utilization and chargeability, including personal MU and Chargeability
Headcount Management per agreed plan
Assets and solutions
Inclusion, Diversity & Wellbeing
Sales and revenue targets for respective for the Avanade X BG
Solution Architect & Delivery certifications
Design and execution of strategic priorities
• Drives Results, Ensures Accountability, Customer Focus, Attract Top Talent, Develops Talent, Drives Engagement, Builds Effective Teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong leadership, communication skills, client presence and focus, and the ability to influence executive stakeholders and clients
• Demonstrates and is recognized as an eminent thought leader internally (ideally externally as well) in their practice
• Ability to build organizational culture, drive employee engagement, strengthen inclusion and diversity, reduce attrition, and attract top talent
• Market-focused with a growth mindset
• Ability to collaborate effectively in a highly matrixed company to deliver results for a region
Education, Certifications and Experience
• Education and/or experience in the relevant field/business
• Likely has 10+ years’ relevant experience designing, selling, and leading client engagements with a Microsoft component
• Significant competency and skills in the practice
• Experience growing and leading a profitable consulting practice or digital agency in a geo
• Deep experience in understanding client needs and selling and delivering assets and solutions
• Experience shaping and developing people skills/capabilities of a large team