people and cultural change, and business strategies, innovation, and digital transformation.
All BGs have Practices that will help us deliver exceptional value to our clients with repeatable go-to-market services, industry expertise, and market-leading capability, and help Avanade grow through winning bigger and more complex engagements that require specialist skills across pre-sales through to solutioning and delivery.
Practices are where Avanade’s employees are ‘homed’. Practices are responsible for building and evolving capabilities in line with market and client needs; attracting, developing, and retaining talent; managing deployment of practitioners, and creating/evolving assets and solutions to reduce the cost of sales, delivery, and operations. Practices also provide sales, solutioning and delivery support to help us win and deliver projects and services to clients.
The Region Business Group Lead – Advisory leads Avanade’s Advisory Business Group (BG) for a region is responsible for the strategic direction of the Advisory propositions, offerings, and capabilities in the region, and ensuring immediate business and operational capability needs are met in support of growing the business and taking the best of Avanade to our clients.
This role is also accountable for driving the region Advisory BG go-to-market, providing thought leadership, achieving sales and revenue targets, building culture within the BG, and ensuring we have the right Advisory talent in the right places achieving defined productivity metrics.
This role manages Advisory Region Practice Leads and owns the Advisory BG strategy for the region. It oversees development and execution of region growth and capability plans aligned with Integrated Go-to-Market (IGTM) and region business plans. In partnership and aligned with Area/Global BGs and IGTM, it will bring the best of Avanade to address critical client business issues.
This role is client-facing in support of driving sales and value for our clients. Additionally, this role is ultimately accountability for the People Experience and for delivering the employee value proposition (EVP) to all employees within the region BG. As a leader this role is equally expected to demonstrate and model Avanade’s values, principles, habits, and behaviors.
This role reports to the Region General Manager and secondarily to the Advisory Area BG Lead (dotted line) and manages Advisory Region Practice Leads. This role is a member of the region leadership team, operating at most senior level in the region and collaborating with clients, regional partners (Accenture, MSFT, and other alliances), regional executives, peer BG Leads, IGTM, and other key regional leaders to be successful.
Business Group Leadership and Growth
- Define, align with global/area Advisory BG, other region BGs, and IGTM, and drive implementation of region Advisory BG strategy and growth plan
- Set and achieve region BG KPIs and relevant company scorecard metrics; conduct regular plan reviews with regional and area leaders and address gaps
- Establish and sustain strategic relationships with regional Accenture and Microsoft partners to drive BG growth. Align regional strategies and priorities including joint pursuits and drive achievement of shared objectives and goals.
- Establish and embed Advisory BG representatives within Client Groups and Client Service Teams
- Work through Region Practice Leads to ensure the region is enabled to sell and deliver Advisory and IGTM engagements
- Provide leadership, support, and/or guidance on pursuits and/or must-win deals in the region and provide solution review and approvals for Advisory BG deals
- Represent and promote Avanade in the region and externally to establish Advisory BG as the trusted advisor and great place to work
- Lead and manage change in the region to achieve Avanade priorities
Oversee Advisory Practices
- Oversee development and ensure execution of regional GTM plans for all Advisory practices in alignment with the regional (area/global as agreed) BG strategy
- Provide the strategic direction and leadership over the customization of BG capabilities, solutions, practitioners, and assets to meet the needs of the region
- Own and execute region capability plans (aligned with global/area plans and in tandem with HR) to enable sustainable growth
- Embed Advisory BG practitioners, capabilities, assets, and solutions into appropriate regional Lines of Business (LOB) teams and plays
- Collaborate with regional leadership to define the IGTM portfolio for the region
- Identify and assist with IGTM market opportunities representing the Advisory BG. Provide feedback on IGTM LOBs and plays as input into Portfolio Council discussions.
- Partner with regional leaders to ensure a "One Avanade" approach to IGTM client management and engagements within the region
People & Culture
- Provide strategic direction to and support regional strategies that attract, develop, engage, and retain Advisory BG talent
- Influence region Advisory BG workforce planning to ensure we have the right practitioners in the right places to deliver BG capabilities, solutions, assets and IGTM plays
- Build, agree, and execute on a regional BG headcount plan that supports the growth and evolution of the Advisory BG in the region
- Own the management and deployment of BG Practitioners in the region ensuring that market utilization and chargeability targets are met or exceeded
- Ensure Advisory practitioners in the region have all required skills and certifications
- Build Avanade's culture for growth within the Advisory BG in the region, drive Avanade’s I&D agenda, promote wellbeing, and bring the EVP to life
Key Performance Indicators
- Market utilization and chargeability, including personal MU and Chargeability
- BG sales and revenue targets
- Headcount Management per agreed plan
- Assets and solutions, where applicable
- Employee engagement
- Voluntary attrition
- Inclusion, Diversity, & Wellbeing
Sales Mix (LOB, BG)
% Growth in New Business
Client experience index
Client relationship development
Solution Architect & Delivery certifications
Design and execution of Avanade strategic priorities
A2025 program delivery measurements**
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep Advisory expertise gained as a client-facing practitioner and expert knowledge of MSFT eco-system & how to derive business value from it
- P&L / business management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and create strong relationships with the highest levels
- Ability to operate and think beyond organizational siloes
- Ability to effectively leading regional teams to perform during times of change
- Growth mindset, effective communicator, thought leader, brand builder
- Strong empathetic leader with the ability to build community among employees on a regional scale
Education, Certifications and Experience
- Education and/or experience in the relevant field/business
- Likely has 10+ years growing and leading a profitable management consulting or advisory business
- Managerial experience leading leaders and regional teams
- Experience translating enterprise strategy into business strategy and delivering objectives for a significant area of a company
- Experience at creating compelling, innovative, scalable, sell-able solutions