(GRA) function. GRA is a sub-line of business within Global Risk Management (GRM). GRA is responsible for developing a consistent and coherent set of models and analytical tools for effective risk and capital measurement, management and reporting across Bank of America. GRA partners with the Lines of Business and Enterprise functions to ensure that its models and analytics address both internal and regulatory requirements, such as quarterly Enterprise Stress Testing (EST), the annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), and the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard. GRA models follow an iterative and ongoing development life cycle, as the bank responds to the changing nature of portfolios, economic conditions and emerging risks. In addition to model development, GRA conducts model implementation, data management, model execution and analysis, forecast administration, and model performance monitoring. GRA drives innovation, process improvement and automation across all of these activities.
Overview of the Team
Overview of Enterprise Risk Analytics
As a part of Global Risk Analytics (GRA), Enterprise Risk Analytics (ERA) is responsible for the development of cross-business holistic analytical models and tools. ERA consists of the following teams:
• Economic Scenario Generation (ESG) responsible for the curation and provision of granular macroeconomic and industry forecasts that support various Bank-wide needs
• Enterprise Portfolio Analytics (EPA) provides portfolio surveillance visualization and analytical tools that supports the Enterprise’s risk appetite & limits decisions for the Bank's risk and capital frameworks and portfolio management
• Concentration Risk Capital provides concentration risk analysis for three European Legal Entities to support ICAAP regulatory reporting; as well as benchmark analysis supporting regulatory capital based reporting for various enterprise portfolios
• Capital Model Management manages capital model governance and performance monitoring.
• Consumer Compliance Modeling responsible for model development to identify areas of potential compliance risk through Fair Lending modeling and analyzing customer experience
• Financial Crimes Modeling & Analytics responsible for Global Financial Crimes model development to counter money laundering/terrorist financing, as well as comply with AML, Economic Sanctions and other relevant regulations
• Industry Research perform industry aligned fundamental analysis to support industry-specific macro variable generation, and perform research on relevant sector themes
The Enterprise Portfolio Analytics (EPA) team seeks a Quantitative Financial Analyst to engage in:
• Quantitative development of framework to measure the Bank’s Financed Emissions, including generation and presentation of analyses to senior stakeholders to drive target setting and portfolio strategy
• Preparation specialized content for high profile senior Risk, Line of Business, Board, and regulator requests
• Connecting model-driven analytics and value additive business and risk applications
• Developing actionable analytics and early warning indicators.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience. Degree in Statistics, Economics, Computational Finance, Engineering, or related quantitative field preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong technical and analytical skills and comfort with data and statistics
• Comfort in SQL and a programming language (Python preferred)
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to changing priorities, and collaborative team attitude
• Experience with quantitative development as part of a team
• Familiarity with commercial credit products and capital markets
• Ability to efficiently mine, navigate and interpret large financial datasets
• Experience/ability to work on projects/initiatives with limited oversight
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver ...