At Bank of America, we handle the finances of over 67 million client relationships every day, including helping them save, borrow and invest for today and for their future. We stand by our clients each and every day giving them the power to realize their personal financial goals and help make their financial lives better. If you join our team, we’ll count on you to care for, advise and guide our clients when they need us most – whether they’re just starting out, buying a home, building a family, managing a small business or planning for retirement.
We’re looking for the next generation of Relationship Manager Business Owner Specialists (RMBOSs) – those with a passion for growing a long-term career, building relationships and working with a team of client professionals in one of over 4,000 locations nationwide. RMBOSs focus on deepening relationships with individual and small business customers/clients, and they accomplish this by identifying financial needs, offering appropriate solutions and connecting clients with specialists. The RMBOS is a primary point of contact within financial centers for small business clients and a resident expert for small business products, services and strategies. As part of the Bank of America team, RMBOSs have access to industry-leading solutions and a team of dedicated product specialists – all designed to meet the unique priorities of our small business clients, including managing cash flow, improving their business, managing employees, banking with convenience, or achieving their personal financial goals. They report to the Market Leader and partner closely with the Financial Center Managers to ensure adherence to operational compliance policies and procedures.
From day one, you’ll receive training from our award-winning Academy at Bank of America, including hands-on practice, personalized coaching and dedicated support throughout your on-boarding experience. With demonstrated success, you’ll have the opportunity to advance into leadership roles such as a financial center or market manager, or client professional roles such as a financial advisor or within small business or lending– with unlimited opportunity to grow throughout the company. The Academy will support you with dedicated programs, tools and resources throughout your career journey.
We’ll help you
• Build a successful career at Bank of America through world-class training and on-boarding programs that set you up for success.
• Grow in your current role through one-on-one coaching from Academy managers who are invested in your success and training programs that help you excel, build new skills or take on additional responsibility.
• Continuously learn and advance your career goals through intentional career paths to the next best role.
• Use resources and innovative technologies to optimize the client experience.
• Confidently build relationships with individual and small business clients by using a defined consultative questioning approach that will help you gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ business and financial life priorities; uncover personal banking needs; and connect them to our solutions that meet their financial goals.
• Provide clients with a personalized rewarding experience by executing a variety of defined client engagement strategies through relationship calling, in-person conversations and referrals to specialists.
• Grow your business knowledge and network by partnering with experts in small business, lending and investments.
As a Relationship Manager Business Owner Specialist, you can look forward to
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your expertise as the industry evolves and changes.
• Resources and dedicated support to help you reach your full potential throughout your career.
• A benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees at every stage of their life and help them plan for tomorrow.
• Progressive workplace practices and initiatives that promote inclusion.
We’re a culture that
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Has a minimum of one year demonstrated sales experience in a relationship-oriented and client-centric environment. In lieu of this requirement, has previously held the role of Relationship Manager (RM) or Advisor Development Program (ADP) RM at Bank of America for a minimum of six months.
• Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the client.
• Has a strong passion for helping small business clients and an explicit stated career interest in small business.
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives.
• Is confident in identifying solutions for helping new and existing clients (individual and small business) based on their needs.
• Is comfortable in your ability to actively contact clients by phone.
• Communicates effectively and confidently, and is comfortable engaging all clients.
• Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
• Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet clients’ needs.
• Will follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
• Efficiently manages your time and capacity.
• Is a commissioned notary or can successfully obtain a notary commission in the state you work within four months of start date in role (six months for employees with a work location of NV, eight months for employees with a work location of CA, NY or PA).
• Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
• Working knowledge as a sales representative to small business.
• Bank of America RM Mastery for Small Business certification completion.
• Retail and/or sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment.
• Experience working in an environment with individual and/or team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded.
• Experience with financial information, spreadsheets and financial skills.
• Working knowledge of small business products and services, including credit / lending solutions.
• An associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver ...