Overview of Global Risk Analytics
Bank of America Merrill Lynch has an opportunity for a Senior Quantitative Finance Manager in our Global Risk Analytics (GRA) function. GRA is a sub-line of business within Global Risk Management (GRM). GRA is responsible for developing a consistent and coherent set of models and analytical tools for effective risk and capital measurement, management and reporting across Bank of America. GRA partners with the Lines of Business and Enterprise functions to ensure that its models and analytics address both internal and regulatory requirements, such as quarterly Enterprise Stress Testing (EST), the annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), and the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard. GRA models follow an iterative and ongoing development life cycle, as the bank responds to the changing nature of portfolios, economic conditions and emerging risks. In addition to model development, GRA conducts model implementation, data management, model execution and analysis, forecast administration, and model performance monitoring. GRA drives innovation, process improvement and automation across all of these activities.
Overview of the Team: Enterprise Risk Analytics
As a part of Global Risk Analytics (GRA), Enterprise Risk Analytics (ERA) is responsible for the development of cross-business holistic analytical models and tools. ERA consists of the following teams:
• Economic Scenario Generation (ESG) responsible for the curation and provision of granular macroeconomic and industry forecasts that support various Bank-wide needs
• Enterprise Portfolio Analytics (EPA) provides portfolio surveillance visualization and analytical tools that supports the Enterprise’s risk appetite & limits decisions for the Bank's risk and capital frameworks and portfolio management
• Concentration Risk Capital provides concentration risk analysis for three European Legal Entities to support ICAAP regulatory reporting; as well as benchmark analysis supporting regulatory capital based reporting for various enterprise portfolios
• Capital Model Management manages capital model governance and performance monitoring.
• Consumer Compliance Modeling responsible for model development to identify areas of potential compliance risk through Fair Lending modeling and analyzing customer experience
• Financial Crimes Modeling & Analytics responsible for Global Financial Crimes model development to counter money laundering/terrorist financing, as well as comply with AML, Economic Sanctions and other relevant regulations
• Industry Research perform industry aligned fundamental analysis to support industry-specific macro variable generation, and perform research on relevant sector themes
Overview of the Role
Enterprise Risk Analytics is seeking a Senior Data Lead with a specialization in credit and financed emissions related data. The position will involve directing and managing other senior level staff in research and development projects involving financed emissions related data. In addition, the manager will provide guidance and thought leadership to other senior level staff across Global Risk and Global Risk Analytics in area of expertise.
Role responsibilities may include:
• Developing multiyear data book of work to support financed emissions and related GRA activities
• Lead various aspects of data development including data exploration, data analysis, requirements and testing
• Partner with stakeholders in climate risk, technology and ESG to support various data and analytics related activities
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related field
• 10-12+ years of relevant experience with data
• 5+ of years of leadership/management experience
• Excellent knowledge in data, technology, data governance and controls.
• Strong technical skills and problem solving ability.
• Strong analytical mindset with accuracy to detail in work and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Exhibits flexibility with priorities, responsibilities and changing environments
• Demonstrates commitment to excellence by anticipating needs, mitigating risks and minimizing potential problems.
• Excellent written and oral communication
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience with coding in R/Python and data/analytical tools (Hadoop, SQL, Tableau)
• Knowledge of banking products across Wholesale and Consumer lines of business
• Experience managing teams in the areas of data and analysis
• Comfortable presenting to different stakeholders ranging from Risk, LOBs, Model Validation, and others
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver ...