Customer Service Representative – Care
As Barclays’ Customer Service Representative – Care, you will provide telephone support for our credit card products 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A Customer Specialist – Care is the company’s primary interface with existing and potential customers. The role includes receiving inbound calls and solving and/or educating customers on specific account information, concern and inquiries to make it as easy and as desirable as possible with which to do business.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $46,800.00
Salary / Rate Maximum: $50,000.00
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Receiving inbound phone calls from customers and service their account needs effectively and efficiently provide excellent customer service
• Listening to the customer’s account needs, and establish rapport
• Understanding and analyzing customer account/application needs
• Adhering to compliance regulations and security policies
• Meeting performance standards set by department
• Engaging outbound calls as necessary to develop additional information to facilitate final disposition of the account/application
• Identifying trends/issues on a daily basis and bring to the attention of the management staff
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to professionally represent Barclays while handling inbound calls from customers and/or other Barclay’s associates
• Adhere to compliance regulations and policies
• Contribute ideas and recommendations for process improvements to the department or company
• Maintains professional verbal and written communication standards, while consistently meeting performance standards set by the department
Skills that will help you in the role:
• One plus year of experience in a customer service environment/call center experience
• Exceptional customer service and professional communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organization and work prioritization skills
• Solid attention to detail and analytical skills
Where will you be working?
You will be working at Barclays Services, Henderson, NV’s fully Operational Customer Contact center, where the best meet to build careers full of scope, variety, and reward. Supporting the banking and financial solutions of today’s demands, answering tomorrow’s questions, and redefining the future of customer support in finance.
Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.