Existing Customer Credit Strategy Senior Analyst
As a Barclays Existing Customer Credit Strategy Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for end-to-end credit strategy and data analytics for key existing customer management programs, including partnership with execution team to implement and validate changes. You will play a key role in mitigating the overall risk of the portfolio through a variety of risk management techniques, including Proactive and Customer requested CLI programs, Credit Line Decrease, Account Closure, Authorization and Payment Holds.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We currently offer a hybrid working model where colleagues have the flexibility to split their time working from home and an office. Everyone has the opportunity to integrate their professional and personal lives through this dynamic working model.
What will you be doing?
• Developing and recommending changes in exposure management for US cards - line increases, decreases, closures, high risk universe, and judgmental reviews
• Maintaining valuation models for different programs to prudent assess expansions/tightening and propose model enhancements reflecting on historical data
• Working collaboratively with Risk, legal and compliance partners to ensure strategies are in line with policies, standards, and other requirements
• Partnering with technology execution team for credit strategy change management, ensuring proper supply requirements and carrying out validation prior to and post-launch
• Formulating and conducting extensive analytical exercises in order to improve existing business strategies and policies
• Analysing and Optimizing customer and transaction strategies, understanding customer spend and revolving behaviour, and balancing customer experience with risk mitigation
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline like Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research etc.
• Two years of credit card experience required, preferably in risk management function (or Masters/advance degree in above-mentioned disciplines)
• Two years of experience with SAS/SQL or other relevant statistical tools
In addition to the skills required to execute the job well, we're looking for people with the following capabilities to grow and contribute to our culture:
• Empathy: An ability to see a situation from another person’s perspective
• Ownership: A strong sense of pride in your work
• Connection: Build relationships with partners and colleagues
• Innovation: Openness to finding creative solutions
• Persistence: Desire to go above and beyond when necessary to get the job done
• Collaboration: Work well with others while building projects together
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in credit card industry and credit risk area is preferred, but not required
• Knowledge and understanding of Data Science platforms and methodologies (Hadoop/Big Data/Machine Learning) is a plus
• Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to prepare PowerPoints and Spreadsheets to communicate with senior management in concise and meaningful way
At Barclays we understand that power of great customer experiences and we work hard every day to make sure that the needs and expectations of our customers are met and exceeded. We focus our energies on making every customer engagement better than before.
Where will you be working?
Barclays’ Wilmington campus boasts a recently renovated office space featuring a cafe, coffee bar, wellness breakout spaces and more. The campus is located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront where a glance out our windows reveals a scenic look at the Christina River and a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away, making travel from New York and Washington, DC fast and convenient
We offer an environment that enables you to thrive and make an impact. Our colleagues are hard-working, focused on solutions, and collaborative. Here you will find people helping people at every level. Our culture is dedicated to innovation and maintaining a sense of balance and well-being.
Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.