| | | | | | --- | --- | --- | --- | | Job Title: | CFO BP Investment Optimization Director | | | | Corporate Grade: | D | | Reports to (Line Manager’s Job Title): | CFO Retail Business Partner, Director | | Direct Reports (if applicable): | One | | Business Area: | Finance | | Department/Function Level 1: | Finance Cards & Payments | | Department/Function Level 2: | Finance BI | | Primary Location: | Wilmington, DE |
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world,
as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Finance has an important role in supporting Barclays businesses by providing high-quality strategic support, planning, reporting and accounting services. The strong control environment in which we operate is at the core of everything we do and this is reflected in the design of our operating model and functional lines. We have the critical role of being responsible for the integrity of the financial records for the company.
About CFO Business Partner
The CFO Business Partner Team, is a team within Finance that works closely with the Financial Control, Treasury, Impairment, Cost, Stress Test and Business Functions to support the decision making process of the Executive teams by providing high quality decision support, insights, performance reporting and analysis.
The team is also responsible for the financial planning of the Company alongside business profitability analysis and the drivers of this, underlying performance and emergent issues, Group and Businesses returns, as well as deep dives into specific areas of the business.
Overall purpose of role
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership and accountability for the development and ongoing management of an investment optimization framework to maximize the value creation from technology and marketing spend.
The role requires a strong background in financial analysis and strategic planning, as well as the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. This role will require a high level of interaction with executive
and senior leadership to drive effective decision making for the organization.
• Oversight of the Bank’s investment optimization processes and controls
• Establish appropriate governance and management frameworks for investment reporting and decision making, partnering with key stakeholders.
• Establish a reporting framework to deliver data-driven insights and analytics, enabling effective trade-offs, business decisions, and strategic alignment
• Continuous review of planned expenditure to optimize return on equity and translate to future strategy impacts
• Develop metrics, methods, and procedures to track and monitor ongoing performance of investments
• Build and maintain effective communication channels across the Business, Product, and Analytics teams to increase participation and integration of all analysis and strategy.
• Monitor economic trends and implications to the investment strategy
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in investment management and optimization
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
This position provides a broad job scope and regular exposure and interaction with Leaders and organizations across the Bank.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• This role requires an ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas to drive accretive results. This requires an advanced understanding of the credit card business, the industry, the economics, accounting, capital and reporting implications. The role has intimate knowledge of segment and business unit goals
• Challenge and Drive process efficiencies and improvements to allow more time spent on value added activity.
• Contribute to building new or enhanced process capabilities strategically and operationally; oversee transitions while ensuring operating standards with governance, risk, control and compliance being maintained
• Make decisions through understanding detailed requirements and directing teams through to execution
• Provide and deliver analysis of key commercial drivers through high quality commentary and insights
• Self-starter with ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and drive success with limited guidance and resources
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Proven experience in Credit Card or Financial Industry.
• Bachelor's degree minimum.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are critical
• Expert experience in consumer financial services Industry
• Strong experience with Co-brand or Private Label card programs
• Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills with proven ability to process data into meaningful information
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, multi-tasking, teamwork and communication skills are critical
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Degree in Finance or Quantitative disciplines preferred
• Master’s degree/MBA preferred
• Experience leading cross-functional teams
• Proven influencing and relationship management skills
• High degree of decision-making skills to identify, assess, evaluate and solve complex problems
• Ability to exercise sound professional judgment and prioritization of work
• Strong people management and process management skills
• Solid business and financial acumen
• Collaborative and able to share best practices at all levels
• Proven leadership skills and ability to apply them
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.