Model Validation AVP
Barclays Bank Delaware
What will you be doing?
• Utilize SAS/SQL/Python/R to retrieve data and perform statistical/quantitative analysis in order to support the IVU review and challenge process for all new and existing models concerning retail credit risk/credit strategy/loss forecast/marketing.
• Identify and quantify model risk.
• Devise and present effective challenges for modeling assumptions, inputs, conceptual soundness and theory, developmental evidence, implementation, and ongoing monitoring plan.
• Manage multiple validation projects by following through model submission, challenge communication, and issue remediation with model owners/developers.
• Engaging with model owner and developers to communicate model risk management expectations around the quality of model submissions.
• Produce model review/validation reports and presentations for key stakeholders. Follow model risk governance policy/standards in all model review/validation activities.
What we’re looking for:
Requires a Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Mathematics, Economics (any), Statistics, Finance or related field and 3 years of experience as a Quantitative Analyst, Model Validation Analyst or related position developing retail credit risk models for lines of business. Must have experience with:
(1) Model development and/or model validation in retail credit risk and CCAR regulatory models; (2) Regulatory models like CCAR, including stress testing, governance and documentation standards; (3) Programming with SAS and Python; (4) Model risk management, including model validation, model performance monitoring, benchmarking, and/or sensitivity test; (5) Handling large amounts of data and analyzing for trends; (6) Statistical/quantitative techniques for predictive modeling; and (7) Work from home benefit available.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Wilmington, Delaware location at 125 S. West Street. Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington, DE Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christiana River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.
Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.