Senior Technical Lead - Credit
As a Barclays Senior Technical Lead - Credit, this is an exciting opportunity where you will be accountable for delivery of business initiatives for revenue growth and risk management of Credit Business. Whilst taking on the responsibility for unit testing and continuous integration of the overall various Barclays Java systems, and ensuring the systems meet the Barclays compliance as we define the future.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Delivering of end-to-end technical solution to meet the required business outcome
• Driving Architecture and design discussions. Work closely with the developers to ensure overall architecture and design principles are clearly understood and delivered
• Working with the global team to implement standards and best practices for software development and ensure compliance to the process
• Interacting with business users in New York regularly, Run-The-Bank and Release team members, Development Leads and Developers globally
• Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies
• Establishing the optimal processes related to code reviews, release management, CI/CD management and sprint management
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with building containerized micro-services and deploying and supporting them in a Kubernetes cluster using Docker containers
• Experience with Kafka
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with Java and its ecosystem including Spring Boot, Maven, unit testing (JUnit), and continuous integration (TeamCity or Jenkins)
• Proficiency in requirements analysis and software design; Experience investigating production incidents with priority with a view to restore the services ASAP
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Financial industry experience, knowledge of Fixed Income products (preferably Credit Bonds)
• Experience working with Kafka Streams
• Prior experience with Structuring /Pre-Trade /Post-Trade capture, workflow, processing and associated life-cycling
• Experience in RDBMS (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server) & SQL skills and messaging technologies such as MQ/Solace
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
#LI – Hybrid
Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.