TTR Senior Developer
As a Barclays TTR Senior Developer, you will be required to work on Strategic OneReg regulatory deliverables for MIFID2 and US based regulations (QFC, CAT, TRACE, etc.) across all asset classes and product areas. For this role, you will work on developing and implementing solutions the firm’s delivery for these regulations from the OneReg platform. Get this opportunity to also work on enhancements of existing OneReg MiFID and non-MiFID instances and adapting to a new expansive data fabric layer, whilst participating in strategic architecture.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting as required in the requirements analysis for system enhancements and changes
• Translating business requirements into functional specifications if required
• Participating in designing the technical architecture across all regulations
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring for junior developers in OneReg team
• Interpreting and understanding functional specifications
• Designing and prototyping user-centric front and back end components
• Comprehending and implementing brand values across all web pages, widgets, and reports
• Handling the development of quality (i.e. readable, performing, scalable and supportable) Java code with a focus on micro service architecture and back-end multi-threaded server
What we’re looking for:
• Four-year college degree
• Several years of Software development experience with expertise in RDBMS/NoSQL technologies
• Several years of Software development experience with expertise in Core Java
• Over two years of experience in a financial environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid design skills and experience working with high-volume data sets and high-throughput messaging and batch systems, JVM performance tuning
• Ideally have experience of working in an Ops Tech, Regulatory Reporting or Trade Capture environment
• Good knowledge of one relational database server, preferably SQL Server; able to implement tables, views, stored procedures and write optimized SQL statements
• Ability to work independently and proactively and excellent communication skills
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.