US Security Services – Financing Analyst
As a Barclays US Security Services – Financing Analyst, you will ensure that trades get to the right client and to the right account, at the right time, and cover the full spectrum of financial products, from bonds and equities to swaps and options. You will work in an environment that is continually changing, as well as in Operations which plays a key role in driving market initiatives and regulatory changes. Lastly, as part of your role, you will ensure that we are ahead of competitors on these initiatives.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing front to back client service function supporting various products, interacting with the Trading & Sales desks, clients, finance, and IT on a daily basis.
• Ensuring all trades are properly captured by firms’ in-house systems
• Completing timely and accurate securities settlements
• Processing exceptions and fails management items
• Managing the day-to-day performance of a Third-Party Utility to ensure business as usual processing for client and mitigating processing Risk
• Overseeing incident and risk event management
What we’re looking for:
• Detailed knowledge of ADP, Impact & DTC settlement functions & systems
• Detailed understanding of the lifecycle of a trade with a focus on the settlement processing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
• Good communication skills (oral and written) to be able to effectively communicate with multiple levels
Skills that will help you in the role:
• One to two years middle office/settlements or operations experience
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Able to quickly identify Risk and Compliance Issues
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.