Provide oversight & management of engineering and technical services to the manufacturing organization to achieve the overall Manufacturing goal of consistently producing quality, low-cost products which meet or exceed customer expectations by addressing major production and environmental issues, ensuring optimum manufacturing methods and techniques, and implementing cost improvement programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide Engineering support service for internal unit. Primary focus on Manufacturing equipment and Processes within Business unit facility
2. Collaborate with peers in Operations and Quality leaders to provide leadership in Business unit operations
3. Identify and deploy opportunities for improvement in Safety, Quality, Service and Cost within Business unit operations
4. Develop and qualify manufacturing processes including automation, tooling, jigs and fixtures to support continuous improvements
5. Author technical reports and documentation such as Capex approval request, equipment validations, process capability studies
6. Establish equipment and process metrics to measure and improve business performance
7. Track and monitor equipment performance utilizing OEE or equivalent tools
8. Conduct root cause analysis on equipment issues or downtime to include corrective and preventive actions
9. Identify external consultants or vendors providing value-added services such as improvement opportunities relative to Safety, Quality, Service or Cost to equipment or processes
10. Lead team of Engineers to support Business unit operations.
11. Prepare and maintain Business unit financials relative to budgets and spending
12. Creating staff performance metrics and guidelines for achievement
13. Develop staff succession planning and retention program
14. Develop and maintain comprehensive training programs for staff
15. Mentor others as required by supervisor
16. Represent the Corporation, Division, Facility and Engineering Department in a professional manner
17. Other assignments as required by supervisor
MYS Kedah - Bard Kulim (Malaysia)
Backup child care
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical ...