Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. _Advancing the world of health_™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
- The candidate should be from the healthcare industry, preferably from surgical or diagnostic company.
- Min. experience of 4 years in working with hospitals, Institutions, Government Tenders etc.
- Should have experience in distribution / channel partner management.
- Work experience preferably with medical devices.
- Experience in organizing professional education program for health care professional required.
Should demonstrate Growing the Business Competencies such as-
- Planning and Monitoring
- Results Orientation
- Customer Focus
Should enable Creating a Positive Work Environment via-
- Internal Collaboration
- Promoting Open Communication and Feedback
Should demonstrate Individual Excellence Competencies such as-
- Integrity and Trust
- Applied Thinking Skills
Background in Specific Specialties:
- -Cardio & Specialized Intervention Procedures
- Opening new territory experience would be an added advantage
- Exceptional candidates in other specialties will also be considered
1.Sales Management in Allocated Territory
- Develop/implement sales strategies and plans to achieve sales target
- In-depth understanding of customer, identify sales opportunities
- Sustaining and adding incremental business from existing customers; identifying new customers
- Work with channel partners and manage inventory in their respective territories to drive consumption.
- New product launches and management of slow moving codes - Actively work on new product / focus product sales to drive sustainable business growth
- Actively pursue tender/contract opportunities
- Responsible for maintaining/gaining market share in the territories handled as per plans
- Has broad understanding of internal organization resources, priorities, needs relating to the business operations and achievement of sales plan
- Has detailed knowledge of sales process and expert selling skills to make effective sales call, Sales planning, kol management, dealer management, attending OT with surgeons.
- Submission of Sales report; Stock and Sales statement; Key account sales report; weekly work plan; samples tracker etc;
2. Customer relationship
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers
- Develop key opinion leaders in the region and make engagement plan with them.
- Plan and Execute maximum interaction to build customer relationships.
- Proactively identify Professional Education needs among coverage surgeons to increase level of awareness
3. Product and Market knowledge
- Self learning attitude, knowledge of product's features, benefits, product application and usage, anatomy, physiology and medical procedure knowledge through practical experience, training programs and learning from key end-users
- Market intelligence, do SWOT analysis of competition.
- Track market trends, identify threats and opportunities and recommend and implement strategies and plans to address them
- Share new updates in market to colleagues and supervisors.
- Updated about customer's support for competitive products and services and develop plans to differentiate/competitive offerings.
4. Product Samples & Expense
- Track business transactions with distributors as per organization requirements, Self approved expenses, (transportation, entertainment, travel etc.) while ensuring sustainable productivity in assigned territory.
- Sample allocation and expense utilization to optimize usage within the allocated budgets.
- Ensure compliance of team to sample issue and co-ordination guidelines
- Submission of expense budget/guidelines as per the guidelines from organizations.
5. Self Development
- Discuss areas of improvement with immediate supervisor and also identify the same
- Active participation in nominated training programs
- Efforts to raise bar to achieve high levels of performance and other in-house and on field training programs for enhancing competencies
6. Corporate Ethics & Compliance
- Achieve business excellence while ensuring BARD ’s values and guiding principles are followed
- Conduct business within ethics and values
- Develop relationship with customers on high ethical standards
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work Location
IND Chennai - Bharati Vilas