Paid parental leave, back up child and adult dependent care, programs for children with special needs, adoption assistance program
Our compensation program includes market-competitive base pay as well as short-term and long-term incentives.
Our 9 Associate Resource Groups contribute to our strategic imperatives by driving a deep sense of community and belonging.
HS Diploma/GED not required
**2000 Sign-on bonus for eligible positions
**Climate controlled environment
**On-site Cafeteria and 24-hr gym
**$0 premiums for positions making under 50k annually
To ensure a quality product and production efficiencies through continuous improvement of molding processes. Drive root cause resolution with maintenance and the tool room on problems involving machine processing. Drive root cause resolution with maintenance and the tool room on problems involving machine processing, machine maintenance and mold repair. Assist tool room with pin/pilot changes, mold cleaning, and minor machining operations. Under direction of the Engineering Department assists in qualifying new/existing molds. Participate in the team support and development. Capable of performing, when required, all the duties of the Set-up career development plan in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
***** $2,000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility. *****
1. Train, direct, and support set-ups on setting up auxiliary equipment, mold setting, entering processes and recording processes.
2. Demonstrate a good understanding of process fundamentals. Perform process development tests such as heat transfer tests, mold filling/relative viscosity tests, gate freeze test, cavity balance tests, design of experiment tests, etc.
3. Assist in the qualification/validation of new and existing processes, molds, materials and machines.
4. Troubleshoot and resolve injection molding machine, mold, process and quality issues by coordinating and managing the different schedule demands.
5. Optimize processes by having a basic understanding of material interactions with molds (shrink factor, melt temperature, material, etc.).
6. Optimize processes by having a basic understanding of detail mold design (gate size, runner size, gate angle, venting, etc.).
7. Optimize production runs by improving cycle times, cavity utilization and part containment. Document changes and submit the proper work on permanent changes.
8. Assist tool room with pin/pilot changes, polishing of pins/cavities, mold cleaning and minor machining of parts as needed.
9. Monitor the results of repairs; changes and improvements to insure root causes have been resolved.
10. Coordinate mold repairs with other teams and tool room
11. Support the maintaining of molds through general maintenance procedures (water leaks, slide checks, proper grease, etc.).
12. Support the maintaining of the process master, process run-sheet and mold history file.
13. Assist machine maintenance with machine repairs as needed.
14. Assist in maintaining the injection molding machine through general maintenance procedures and a basic understanding of hydraulic and electric machines.
15. Report all machine and auxiliary equipment issues to machine maintenance and ensure issues are resolved.
16. Maintain an open line of communication with the tool room, maintenance, engineering, coach, and other team members to assure all problems and changes are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
17. As requested, assist other team members in cross training.
18. Participate on quality improvement teams, safety teams, emergency response teams and other teams as required/requested.
19. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
20. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
21. Other duties as assigned.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
USA UT - Sandy
US BD 1st Shift 730am-4pm (United States of America)
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical ...