Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Senior Manager - Digital Enterprise Architecture
The following position is open in Illinois, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
Reporting to the Director – Enterprise Architecture, this individual contributor position supports Beam’s digital vision. The mission is to set, communicate and ensure compliance of global architecture standards and deliver enterprise digital strategies, processes, and artifacts for Beam Suntory aligned to strategic needs and priorities.
- Identify business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) to determine corresponding change requirements and define the target state architecture and strategy for the Enterprise Digital Commerce Platform.
- Deliver the future state architecture, roadmap, and phased approach for its execution to transform the experience of customers/consumers to drive enterprise objectives in growth, revenue and profit.
- Design and manage the architecture and technology stack to ensure continuous alignment with business strategies, requirements, and capabilities.
- Responsible for defining and documenting the overall target state reference architecture; conceptual and logical architecture for eCommerce initiatives/projects.
- Define and document functional and non-functional (architectural) requirements and lead RFPs; Responsible for conducting POC’s to evaluate new technologies as and when required.
- Work closely with the IT leadership, digital marketing & sales, ecommerce product owner/manager, product &asset management and define/refine digital technology solutions landscape.
- Manage and guide the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with project leads to manage and design architecture for projects/initiatives.
- Provide consulting support to architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the manager
- Organization-wide, promote the Enterprise Architecture function and processes in alignment with delivering business value, outcomes, and results
- Influence other leaders to enroll them in the benefits of architectural simplification
- Ability to work with and manage internal cross functional teams to select technology platforms
- Communicate effectively with senior leaders, within and outside of IT across the enterprise
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 10 years of experience in the EA function with at least five of those years in a digital architect role.
- Experience as lead solutions architect with in-depth working knowledge of designing and building enterprise platforms for Digital Commerce (B2B2C, B2C, B2D), with additional knowledge in the eCommerce ecosystem -Web Content Management, Digital Product and Asset management, Customer data management, site/ecommerce analytics, marketing automation, search, etc.
- Experience in designing and building scalable, enterprise multi -site eCommerce platforms, while following best practices and standards.
- Knowledge of various enterprise application environments, cloud architectures, enterprise analytic solutions, and integration platform
- Experience leading a global IT team in multiple countries and time zones
- Experience working with a broad scope of technology vendors including in a managed services environment
- Knowledge of business, operating, and financial models and business ecosystems such as SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SOA, and predictive analytics
- Conversant with modern architecture principles & frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree is a requirement. Master’s degree a plus
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.