Application Functional and Integration Testing Analyst
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing IT&DA is seeking a career Mid-level experienced Systems & Data functional testing Analysts for our rapidly expanding service in any of the Boeing sites US locations. This position requires interaction with customers, end users and team members from other application development teams, based out of Seattle, Washington, and can be located in one of the Boeing US major sites in WA, SC, MO, TX, AZ, PA, AL, and CA. The successful candidate will have a strong test and development background; and play a key role in helping shape our team for the future as we grow into Test Driven Development, Cloud, Mobile, and Agile DevSecOps/CICD transformation.
- Perform research and analysis on processes, applications, systems and data to identify functional requirements for application or system design. Assess and analyze customer's problem statements and provide functional test solution of moderately complex commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products and/or Boeing applications. Consults with the customers to clarify and gather test requirements.
- Design, Interpret, and translate requirements into functional specifications to develop testing solution that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives and using Boeing standard test automation, test management, ALM tools to verify and validate the COTS product and/or Boeing application meet customer's requirements. Ensures testing are following the standard best practices, methods, tools and processes.
- Develop functional test scripts using enterprise standard automated tools, to validate system functionality against specifications in Manufacturing Applications.
- Enhance test scripts, but not limited to parameterizations, correlations, verification checks, error handling and function libraries. In absence to production data, create and manage test data that are associated and required for testing.
- Conduct functional testing of complex application to validate if the system meets business requirements. Ensures the tests performed follows the standard framework, best practice, methods, tools and processes.
- Gather test result from the functional tests, analyze, and conduct root cause analysis for a resolution of moderately complex defects. Assists less experience team members with problem resolution.
- Create reports to document test results, defects, findings and recommendations to mitigate risks to the projects and products. Meet with project stakeholders, Subject matter Experts and present test results as necessary. Conduct results review meeting as necessary.
- Develop and manages the execution of small to medium projects including schedules, budget, status reporting to ensure project are being delivered on time, within budget and meets customer's expectations.
- Ability to support monthly production deployment validation or emergency releases after working hours and/or on weekends
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
**This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.**
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of functional test experience working with testing tools such as Microsoft Azure DevOps (ADO), Unified Functional Test (UFT), Selenium, and/or CodedUI.
- 3+ years of experience in software application Testing
Preferred Qualifications (PreferredSkills/Experience)
- Experience with test scripts automation development and execution using Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing or other test automation tools
- Experience working in an SQL Server environment and Queries
- Experience with testing methodologies and DevSecOps best practices
- Experience working with Velocity, ARIS, or MESci
- Working knowledge of Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong communication and cross-functional team development skills
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematics, scientific or information technology field of study.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it's the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company's commitment to diversity and inclusion providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
This is a 1st Shift Position
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.