Associate Manufacturing Engineer - Space and Launch Systems
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense & Space (BDS) is currently looking for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer to join the Space Launch System (SLS) team located in Kennedy Space Center, FL.The SLS program, in conjunction with NASA, is developing the nation's capability in manned access to space, including destinations beyond Earth orbit.
- Assists in the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
- Participates as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the integration of technical solutions.
- Works with others to develop, identify and implement conceptual designs and maintenance of the program architecture for build.
- Assists in implementing manufacturing plans.
- Resolves technical problems and assists in the implementation of new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
- Assists in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies.
- Interfaces with professional associations, suppliers, IPTs and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate across multiple disciplines with internal and external customers.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelors of Science (or greater) from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry, or other technical degree.
- 1 + years of experience in the aerospace industry.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical data
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience using computers, including typing and utilization of the Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with APDM/Windchill
- Experience with NASA and Human Space Programs
- Knowledge and familiarity with computer-aided (CAD) design software highly desirable (e.g. SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.)
- Ability to work shipside with manufacturing support and manufacturing build team.
- Knowledge and familiarity in Lean processes
- Familiar with implementation of manufacturing plans.
- Knowledge and familiarity in the design and problem-solving of mechanical systems highly desirable.
- Knowledge and familiarity in the manufacturing process desired.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus. 3ERP Eligible.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.