Associate Manufacturing Planner
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking an Associate Manufacturing Planner located in Vandenberg SFB, CA.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, implement and maintain various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration
- Assist with development and integration of suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements
- Assist in reviewing supplier data to ensure manufacturing related requirements are met
- Identify tooling requirements and initiates tooling orders based on manufacturing and engineering requirements
- Assist in tooling dispositions. Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues of limited scope
- Assist with producibility assessments for part or product designs
- Assist in providing input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules
- Develop work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments
- Assist in the review, maintenance and monitoring of internal documents
- Work under general supervision
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience do you have with Manufacturing Execution System Common Image (MESci) in the development and release of work instructions and non-conformance dispositions
- 1+ years of experience generating/approving work instructions, work orders, planning documents
- 1+ years of experience creating Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM) and assembly instructions
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience do you have interpreting engineering drawings, documents, configurations, and applicability
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.