Associate Quality Engineer
El Segundo, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Quality Engineer to join our dynamic team in El Segundo, CA.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Represents Quality function on team activities to integrate contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals and program processes and documentation.
- Provides Quality interpretation of requirements.
- Develops quality metrics, design and production certification plans for small programs to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts capability assessments and process validations to support supplier selection activities.
- Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs.
- Performs analysis, tests and process audits to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
- Provides material review dispositions for non-conformances.
- Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Recommends corrective actions to address non-conformances.
- Performs benchmarking and other forms of analysis to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
- Works under general direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (An Interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 1+ years of experience inQuality
- Experience in Aerospace
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- (Not required) Active Security Clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Eligible for 3ERP
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.