Associate Research & Development Structural Analysis Engineer
North Charleston, SC
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) organization is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer with strong software development skills to join the Structures Technology team in North Charleston, SC.
Boeing Research and Technology is the preferred provider of technologies and innovation across the entire Boeing enterprise. We work across the complete product lifecycle of Boeing's commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles, UAVs, and advanced vehicle prototypes. We provide innovative support for current and future products and services, act as global scouts for innovative technologies, and solve our customers' most difficult technology challenges.
Structures Technology is focused on discovering, developing, and transitioning innovative structures technology into Boeing products. We develop, integrate, and transition advanced structural architectures and design concepts. We advance the state of the art in methods and tools for structural analysis. We accelerate the qualification and certification ofnew materials and structures. Our highly capable engineers excel in a team environment of challenge and opportunity on multiple projects,and partnering with Boeing business units, government customers, global suppliers, and universities to rapidly mature key technologies to production readiness.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at the North Charleston SC site.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
- Performs structural analysis using well defined analysis tools and methods to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
- Participates in various test activities to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied
- Works in a collaborative team environment with the opportunity for frequent interaction with team members and mentors
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study in engineering and at least one year of relevant experience in structural analysis or
- Master's degree from an accredited course of study in engineering,
- Experience in structural analysis complimented by computer programming skills
- Computer programming experience: analysis, algorithm development, implementation, testing, and maintenance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in structural analysis methods and tools such as Finite Element Analysis
- Aerospace, Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree with courses in programming and software development
- Software development experience: agile team environment, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, Graphical User Interface creation, database interactions, and dynamically linked library creation. Cloud based solutions for digital threads of information supporting Windows and Linux platforms.
- Programming in C, C++, C#, and/or Python
- Active US security clearance
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.