Associate Software Engineer - Fullstack
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Test and Evaluation team is currently looking for one Associate Software Engineer (Full Stack VueJS) to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world's largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems.
This is a software development role to facilitate the design, development, documentation, testing and maintenance of software used in the lab environment at various sites. The software usage will involve (but not limited to) planning, visualizing and tracking the activities in the lab environment.
This position requires close co-ordination with Boeing Test and Evaluation organizations around the world to capture the requirements, prototyping and propose solutions to satisfy the customer needs. The candidate shall be responsible to understand the existing systems, capture useful data from current systems and propose innovative ways to leverage the existing data and new technologies. This position also requires the ability to develop/migrate software components which will be able to interact and seamlessly integrate with existing and upcoming development environments and software systems. The candidate shall be responsible to critically evaluate different development platforms to suit specific needs, propose the most appropriate platforms and shall be flexible to work on multiple development environments.
The candidate shall be a self-starter with strong ability to find solutions to problems independently.
BasicQualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ year of Full Stack experience in C#, .NET, VueJS framework with strong software development, optimization and problem-solving skills
- Design and development of stand alone software applications as well as web-based applications
- Experience in working with Git/SVN, SQL databases
- Experience on deploying applications in IIS and cloud environment like PCF
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, or Nexus
- Experience in working with code analysis tools like Coverity, SonarQube
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills for creating and improving technical documents, and to effectively engage globally distributed engineering team.
- Excellent working knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Familiar with the software development and system integration including Agile concepts.
- Familiar with Visual Studio (C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net), SQL, Oracle, Web Services, REST API, JAVA, Python, scripting languages, query language, Docker, Web Applications, MVVM architecture (ReactJS, VueJS, Angular) and automated test applications.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite of tools and should also demonstrate effective written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experience with pair-programming, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other XP engineering practices.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 to 8 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+3 years' related work experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.