Boeing Research & Technology Experienced Mechanical Engineer
Huntington Beach, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T): Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
This position is part of the EO/IR Mission Systems team within BR&T. The focus of this team is to provide next-generation capabilities to Boeing and its customers through the development of cutting edge sensor systems, and the key technologies that enable those systems. Systems range from airborne EO/IR systems to space payloads. The team is focused on providing complete solutions, including systems engineering, optics design, algorithms, software development, firmware development, and electronics. As part of BR&T, the primary focus is on prototype systems and demonstrations, so we're looking for people who like to try new things, and aren't afraid of a challenge!
We are seeking mechanical engineers to join our team in Huntington Beach, CA to help develop the next generation of EO/IR sensor systems for space and airborne platforms. Engineers will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical design, including (but not limited to) conceptual design and layout, CAD and drawings, GD&T, structural & thermal analysis, and integration & test. Experience working on R&D projects and/or prototype systems is preferred.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Post start secret clearance is required
- Design and analysis of mechanical systems and components for space and airborne systems
- Development of prototype systems and sub-systems, including design, analysis, integration, and test
- Leads and provides technical quality review of the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid systems and thermal environment to establish the system design.
- Leads activities to validate and verify mechanical requirements.
- Supports proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
- Plans and leads research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in a Mechanical Engineering role
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active security clearance
- Experience with mechanical/structures assembly engineering and/or mechanical research & development
- Experience in the aerospace industry within Mechanical, Structural, Payloads, Design, Analysis, or Production Liaison engineering
- Experience in the design and development of antenna and payload systems
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.