C++ Mid Software Developer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer C++ who will be working in agile team developing engine that provides data and navigational chart depiction for the flight navigation systems across multiple system platforms. The engine integrates diverse types of information, supports global flight operations and provides essential data to pilots in commercial, business and general aviation.
The position will be located in Gdansk, in Poland office. However, due to the current COVID-19 situation, the work is done mainly remotely or in hybrid mode.
Learn more about the Company by following the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhrQ9f2XuI
- Estimate user stories/features (story point estimation) and tasks in hours with the required level of accuracy and commit them
- Contributes to the refinement meetings by promptly asking relevant questions to ensure requirements achieve the right level readiness
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality
- Raise any impediments/risks (technical/operational/personal) they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical Architect/Product Owner accordingly to arrive at a solution
- Update the status and the remaining efforts for their tasks on a daily basis
- Ensures change requests are treated correctly and tracked in the system, impact analysis done and risks/timelines are appropriately communicated
- Develops working software towards committed objectives and plans
- Delivers working software in accordance with expected quality standards
- Designs for testability: design and evolve the system to support testability and test automation
- Works on prototyping and evaluates technical feasibility
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
BasicQualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge and experience with C++ programming
- Knowledge of Ruby, Groovy and/or Python
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of Azure Devops (CI/CD)
- Experience with Objective-C programming
- Experience with Swift programming
- Experience with Java including JNI
- Knowledge of Ruby, Groovy and/or Python
- Comfortable speaking, reading and writing English on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate clearly with both Technical Teams and Business Stakeholders
- Open-minded and a team player
- Experienced in Agile methodologies
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in POLAND. Candidates must have current legal authorization to live and work in Poland. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.