CMM Senior inspector
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Pulls CAD models for use with CAD translation programs on CMM's according to Quality inspection plan
- Interprets Quality inspection plans and programs per part/component using GD&T concepts.
- Lays out parts and components per Quality inspection plan and program according to GD&T & Model needs.
- Measures individual dimensions using equipment according to the print on the go for engineering or management confirmation.
- Communicates production performance needs and issues with Huntsville Manufacturing Center teammates explaining what is nonconforming in accordance with print and GD&T concepts.
- Conducts precision measurement inspections for first article inspection or production validations on any parts checking to 3-D model or blueprint and/or according to the Quality inspection plan.
- Performs related or other duties, as required, such as inspecting purchased parts for verification and validation when suspect parts are a consideration.
- Uses and interprets DoD, NASA and Boeing Digital Product Design Definition, Model Based Definition, Drawing-based definitions, i.e. CAD Models, blueprints, specifications, directives, documents, manuals, inspection plans and other similar information pertaining to Quality Assurance. Set up and operate measuring instruments and equipment necessary to accomplish work assignments.
- Follows inspection and statistical sampling procedures to accept or reject materials and adjust inspection levels.
- Interprets statistical process control charts and coordinate corrective actions and adjustments with quality engineering.
- Moves materials from place to place within the work area. This material can include not only parts, subassemblies and assemblies, but also tools, jigs, equipment, documentation, and other supplies as necessary for inspection and or assembly/test of products. This may include the packaging or unpackaging of raw material and/or finished products.
- Sets up equipment for various products and assemblies using manual, semi-automatic, or automated test devices.
- Witness, evaluate, certify and record certification data and maintain personal certifications as work requires.
- Inspects incoming and outgoing shipments for proper identification, quantity, damage, packaging, paperwork, shipping instructions, and perform appropriate dimensional and composition inspection.
- Reviews recurring discrepancies to ascertain cause and corrections required.
- Reviews completed inspection records to assure compliance with pertinent written directives and other program direction.
- Assists Manufacturing QA Manager in continuous process improvement efforts.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains licenses, permits and certifications required to perform assigned work.
- Performs other duties as assigned within general job classification.
This is a union position (IAMAW 2766)
This position could be for various shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd).
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- More than 1 year of experience as a Quality Inspector.
- More than 1 year of experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications.
- More than 1 year of experience with Numerical Control (NC) programming and/or programming Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- More than 1 year of experience with precision measurement equipment.
- More than 1 year of experience in data/file management (e.g. ability to organize, sort, label, scan, and otherwise manipulate paper and electronic inspection records as required).
- More than 1 year of experience performing quality inspections on machined parts and mechanical assemblies.
High School degree required. Two year technical or Community College degree preferred.
Proof of Vaccination Against COVID-19
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.