Salt Lake City, UT
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a CNC Machinist (Level A) to support the Team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending and fabrication tasks.
- Performs composite lay-up, fabrication and assembly tasks.
- Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
- Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various power plants and drive trains.
- Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products.
- Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products.
- Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests.
- Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation.
- Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements.
- Works on articles of limited complexity following established drawings and requirements.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work any shift/weekends/nights/overtime as business conditions dictate.
- Minimum 1 years' experience in Aerospace, Fabrication, or Manufacturing experience.
Minimum1 years' experience with machining.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in a team environment.
- Team Leadership (Formal/Informal) experience.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
This position does not offer relocation.
**Drug Free Workplace:**
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.