Commercial Policy Specialist
Bristol, United Kingdom
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This Commercial Specialist position is a non-management role that will work with the BDUK Commercial Policy & Governance Lead, and report to the Head of Commercial for the Policy and Acquisition Commercial Team. This is full-time role based in Bristol with some remote working options.
The suitable candidate will be able to build effective relationships within the BDUK Commercial function, other BDUK functions, wider-Boeing enterprise functions, internal stakeholders, and customers to focus on building knowledge and implementing solutions. This role supports projects that directly affect how BDUK conducts its business within a complex regulatory and legislative environment, and enhances the operational capability of the BDUK Commercial function to deliver best-in-class primary and support services as part of Proposal (Acquire) and Programme (Execution) teams. This role is suitable for an early-careers Commercial professional or a candidate with broader business experience keen to develop their commercial skills.
As a member of the BDUK Commercial Policy & Governance team, you will help to develop and deliver commercial functional priorities and strategies aimed at creating an internationally recognised centre of excellence. You will be the focal for leading or supporting assigned projects and initiatives within scope of the team, including:
- BDUK's commercial response to key UK government policy and legislation changes, including public procurement rules, UK Prosperity and Social Value, ensuring that we remain prepared for the future
- BDUK's active role in UK Defence Industry forums including briefings to the BDUK leadership team and commercial function
- Capture, implementation and management of Intellectual Property Plans and ongoing monitoring that plans align with business objectives
- Promote application of contract management best practice in the BDUK Commercial function across the full portfolio of contracts
- Monitoring implementation of, and compliance with, enterprise policies and processes including alignment with internal operational processes and influencing change and promoting continuous improvement
- Reporting of BDUK's commercial management information to Boeing enterprise teams
- Drive targeted Commercial continuous improvement projects as they materialise and develop throughout the year
You will be expected to fulfil a variety of tasks and responsibilities that will support ongoing development of the Commercial function operations, build knowledge and artefacts to support how Commercial teams execute their work statements in both Acquire and Execute roles, and wider integration of Commercial responsibilities into operational business practices and processes, including, but not limited to:
- Research and explore enterprise policies and local BDUK policies & practices and maintain currency.
- Research and ongoing engagement in up-to-date knowledge and proactive understanding of legislative and regulatory changes that will affect how BDUK conducts business.
- Identify, develop and roll-out of best practice techniques, guidance, processes, policies and memos for consistent and standardised best ways of working across the Commercial function.
- Engage with stakeholders and use feedback to develop and maintain a prioritised list of improvement opportunities to deliver an ongoing programme of work
- Introduce varied and creative delivery methods to share knowledge and communications, deliver projects and creation of artefacts.
- Scope across a wide variety of potential topics such as governance, contract terms, contract obligations and execution plans, negotiation & business strategies, proposal development.
- Advocate and create a lessons learned culture that delivers impactful improvement changes.
**Skills, Qualifications and Experience**
- Strong technical commercial background, with the ability to guide and develop others in the essential financial and commercial management skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management and influencing skills
- A focus on first time quality and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A proven ability to see improvement opportunities and risks, and assess urgency, priority and impact to create enhanced value for the organisation
- A positive and proactive work attitude including the ability to work independently whilst working as part of a wider team
- Adaptable, able to prioritise between competing demands to maintain effective delivery in the best interests of the business
- Ability to problem solve and communicate solutions to commercial and non-commercial professionals to achieve desired outcomes
- Educated to degree level ideally with a commercial qualification (e.g. World Commerce and Contracting (formerly known as IACCM) or CIPS), an accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA), and/or MBA.
**Work Authorisation:** This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
**Security Clearance:** This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
**Relocation:** This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.