At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is seeking experienced Composite Technicians to support multiple programs in Mesa, AZ.
- Assembles, lays up, or supports via autoclave, GFM, and other processes the fabrication of parts and components. Identify nonconforming detail parts, assemblies and processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Develops lay-up and assembly processes, set-ups, and techniques.
- Sets up composites parts for fabrication; reads and interprets drawings, planning, process specifications, and other documents to understand tooling, materials, sequence of operations, techniques, and other factors required for fabrication.
- Assembles and repairs simple to complex composites parts and components within quality and time standards; performs metallic and nonmetallic assembly and subassembly.
- May provide technical leadership: demonstrate and explain production operations; lead teams on assignments; check quality and quantity of work; troubleshoot fabrication problems and recommend solutions.
- Follows up with Production Control to ensure that resources are available.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformance issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
The selected candidate must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location option.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Experience interpreting and working from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions, in English
Experience working in composites fabrication, soldering, assembly, or autoclave
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of composite parts and assemblies.
- Experience working in a Clean Room Environment
- Experience using precision measurement equipment
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.