Crane Maintenance Mechanic
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking Crane Mechanics with significant experience maintaining overhead cranes to join our team supporting the Everett, WA site.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, rebuild, retrofit, modify, assemble, disassemble, troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, calibrate, adjust, and test mechanical systems and or subsystems of all types of cranes such as, but not limited to, cab operated, radio controlled, jib type, pendant operated, etc. Know, understand, and work in compliance with CSMP and other applicable codes, regulations, and standards for overhead cranes.
- Maintain, adjust, install and repair, hydraulic, pneumatic and electric brake system components on cranes and bridges as requires. Inspect and maintain building runway rails and expansion joints.
- Maintain mechanical crane and hoist systems including cables, chain, sheaves and hooks. Perform the operational tests and load tests of cranes and bridges as required by Engineering, all applicable codes and regulations.
- Use schematics, blueprints, sketches, manuals, technical documents, written information, verbal information, applicable procedures, codes and ordinances.
- Operate and utilize mechanical, test equipment and test systems, precision devices in failure analysis, all forms of predictive/preventative technologies, as required on cranes.
- Operate, use and maintain overhead maintenance work platforms.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience using schematics, blueprints, sketches, manuals, technical documents, written information, verbal information, applicable procedures, codes and ordinances.
- Experience maintaining mechanical cranes and hoists systems including cables, chain sheaves and hooks.
- This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
- Ability to obtain Crane Maintenance certification within 6 months of obtaining position.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience inspecting and maintaining building runway rails and expansion joints.
- At least 2 years overhead craneexperience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This posting is for positions covering all shifts.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.