Electromagnetic Effects Certified TEMPEST Professional Level II (CTP-II) Design and Analysis Engineer - Level 6
Oklahoma City, OK
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Electrical Engineering Core Group is seeking Electromagnetic Effects Certified TEMPEST Professional Level II (CTP-II) Engineer -Level 6.
Candidates have the option of working out of Oklahoma City, OK, Saint Louis, MO, Albuquerque, NM**, El Segundo, CA, Philadelphia, PA, Houston, TX, Huntsville, AL, or Mesa, AZ.**
The candidate will provide TEMPEST engineering and technical decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft and other diverse projects. This position supports the TEMPEST Qualification of various Aerospace products such as Communication Systems, Display Systems, and Advanced Computer Systems. The position will also support the EMI/EMC qualification of products being developed throughout Boeing. This position is for a subject matter expert Electrical Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Directs activities in the discipline and represents the organization at external events. Evaluates operating systems, provides technical training, designs electronic components, and develops implementation schedules.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, help grow and mentor the next generation of engineers, and guide the candidates' career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Technical Fellowship.
Assignments may deal with
- Reviewing supplier and partner qualification data
- Nuclear Hardening analysis and test
- EMI/C analysis and test
- EMSEC/TEMPEST analysis and test
- HIRF/Lightning analysis and test
- RF Co-Site analysis
- Antenna Coupling analysis
- Electrical Power Quality and Load analysis
- Test Automation for aircraft modifications
Other job responsibilities will include
- Conduct/lead day-to-day TEMPEST testing activities working independently on multiple projects and multiple tasks
- Support programs to generate bids, work on requirements allocation (upon program award) and support the programs through System Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase of the program
- Provide TEMPEST design support to programs
- Generate and review TEMPEST Control Plans
- Generate and review TEMPEST Test Procedures
- Conduct testing or support programs, which are going through TEMPEST testing
- Generate and review TEMPEST Test Report test data during the course of testing
- Applies EMI engineering technology experience to document and solve complex problems.
- Have a collaborative personality and be responsive to customer's needs and also be amenable to working with multiple customers with varying personalities on a day-to- day basis
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
- Must have understanding and be able to apply: conversion factors, correction factors, antenna factors, and other EMI/EMC techniques
- Operate and learn system under test and master the systems that are being tested during the course of testing
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electricalelectronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under consultative mentorship.
**This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.** An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
**Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):**
- Must hold a current CTP-II certification
- Must be active in TEMPEST testing in the last 4 years and submitted TEMPEST reports for approval
- 7 years of EMI/EMC experience (over-and-above required TEMPEST experience of 5 years) for MIL-STD-461 or DO-160 specifications
- Experience developing EMI qualification test procedures and reports as well as supporting qualification testing in an EMI laboratory.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
**Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):**
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is preferred
- CTP-II should have experience and familiarity with NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92 specification
- CTP-II should have experience and familiarity with CNSSAM TEMPEST/01-02
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Experience using oscilloscopes, signal generators and other test equipment needed to conduct TEMPEST tests
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electromagnetic Effects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years' related work experience, Master+18 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation available based on candidates eligibility.
**Drug Free Workplace:**
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.