Entry-Level Mech Sys Design & Analysis Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) Vertical Lift Divisio seeks motivated and talented Entry Level Mechanical Control Systems Design and Analysis Engineer to join the Future Vertical Lift team in Mesa, AZ
The Drive Systems IPT is responsible for the entire life cycle of the Longbow Apache and AH-6 Little Bird drive systems components which includes requirements definition, design, tooling, fabrication/procurement, supplier management, test, support of production and support to the field.
- Up to first two years rotation assignment in Depot, Repair and Overhaul (DRO) in Mesa, Arizona. Learn about the products life cycle and work as a mechanic disassembling, inspecting, repairing, assembling, testing and installing gearboxes.
- After rotation completion report back to Drive System Design. Works under close Technical Leads supervision performing the following tasks:
- Develop, maintain, or modify mechanical system components and installation designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Support supplier development, test and production activities to include review supplier planning changes, non-conformance resolution, and Notice of Escapement (NOE) mitigation/containment.
- Develop working knowledge of drive system design practices and gain familiarity with the various manufacturing methods & special processes used to produce drives components.
- Become acquainted with configuration management controls and how they are applied to engineering changes that affect multiple aircraft models and customers.
- Support team in conducting root cause and corrective action investigations
Provide design support to Liaison Engineers in Depot, Repair and Overhaul (DRO)
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace from an ABET accredited program
- Experience with mechanical systems
- Experience working with computer aided design (such as Solidworks, Siemens NX or CATIA,)
- Mechanical System Design preferred qualifications
- Experience with transmission system design requirements
- Experience with transmission systems including gearboxes, lubrication systems, shafting, bearings, seals etc
- Experience with fabrication of metal components.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.