Experienced IT Business Partner
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDS Information Technology is currently looking for an Information Technology Business Partner to join their team. This position will focus on supporting the BDS business organization and be a key member of a program leadership team.This position may support multiple programs across BDS. A successful candidate should have experience working in classified areas as well as understanding the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the program engineers, senior leadership, and IT Infrastructure teams to develop and implement IT solutions helping to enable the BDS business to meet their organizational goals.
- Leads liaison activities between the business and IT and related organizations to understand priorities and develop a strategy to ensure business objectives are met.
- As a key member of the program leadership team, leads the education of the Business on IT service offerings.
- Collaborates directly with business to understand problems or initiatives, and represents the business within IT to engage the right resources, explores alternatives and help deploy the right solutions with first time quality.
- Leads development and execution of IT plans, including status to leadership and to business stakeholders.
- Identifies risks and impacts and coordinates with business to approve mitigation plans or changes to commitments.
- Provides input and lessons learned on IT processes, procedures, tools and techniques, and ensures alignment to quality management solutions for the business or function.
- Has overall accountability for the dollars spent, funding, and affordability in support of Boeing Defense, Space & Security. Divisions include Bombers & Fighters, Phantom Works, Space & Launch, Mobility & Surveillance, Missile & Weapon Systems, Autonomous Systems, and Vertical Lift.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Active Security Clearance
- Bachelor degree or higherfrom an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree
- 9+ years of experience in executing integrated technology development strategies, plans, goals and objectives
- 9+ years of experience leading through influence and partnering with cross-functional teams Experience with speed and agility to drive innovation and results
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Demonstrated strong program execution and collaboration skills
Knowledge with IT disciplines across technologies (Infrastructure, application, architecture, security and system integration)
Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of leadership
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +1 years' related work experience, 7 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.