Experienced Progressive WebApp Developer iOS & Java
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a high performing versatile Experienced Progressive WebApp Developer iOS & Java to join the Product Support and Services Mobility and Innovation team. The team provides comprehensive digitally native mobile, progressive web and innovation solutions to rapidly access and transform complex business scenarios by enabling digital products that enhance revenue opportunities and efficiencies for Boeing. Responsibilities include development and integration for a variety of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and in house software application supporting our business lines. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Understands and develops software solutions to meet end user's requirements.
- Ensures that application integrates with overall system architecture, utilizing standard IT lifecycle methodologies and tools.
- Develops algorithms, data and process models, plans interfaces that are digitally and cloud native for use in construction of solutions of varying complexities.
- Develops product roadmaps in alignment to business strategy fulfilment
- Ability to influence architectural decisions to adopt modern technologies and evangelize about the same
- Ability to prove through proof of concepts and technical research and presentation the best fit amongst emergent technologies to upend business outcomes
- Understands broad based system integrations and interoperability
- Ability to handle migration of on premise systems and infrastructure to cloud based systems
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- PWA: Angular 11, Service workers, Cache Mechanism, Storage Framework like Dexie.js, Workbox, Node.js, Responsive UI design, AJAX, Java script, HTML 5, CSS3, OAuth, In depth knowledge of PWA concepts
- iOS: Swift 5, Objective -C, Apple Frameworks Core Data, Push Notifications, Multi peer Connectivity, iOSmemory management, multi-threading using queues, GCD, Operation Queues, SDK/Framework, Cocoapods, XCTest
- Experience in Cloud security and identity access management IAM
- Experience with automated build and release process
- Knowledge of RDBMS
- In depth Knowledge of Java backend technologies and experience in integrating with Java business layer systems using Spring, micro services, APIs etc.
- Able to contribute to build and deployment automation using tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Bamboo etc.
- Experience in application integration/migration with both COTS and In-House applications required.
- Complete ability to manage all software configuration items, installation and cutover of the computing products within a given scope. Also have experience in ALM tools (GitLab, TFS, ClearCase, SVN).
- Experience in web hosting technologies/tools.
- Must have excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent Presentation and communication skills to work in a globally distributed team
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Aerospace domain.
- Knowledge of Architectural and REST principles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on visualizing and understanding data.
- Proficient in Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban)
- Python, Shell script, Azure app Service, Azure AD, Azure Cosmos DB
- DevOps, Continuous Integration. Experience in using any CICD tools like Bamboo/Jenkins, Coverity, SonarQube, Jfrog, Artifactory etc.
Bachelor's or a Master's degree or 3 year Diploma with typically 8 to 12 Year's related work experience or relevant military experience
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.