Experienced Propulsion Fuels Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is hiring Propulsion Fuel Systems (Level 3) to support BCA team in Everett, Washington.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Defines requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
- Defines, coordinates and controls the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
- Develops specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Configures or designs propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria.
- Uses various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
- Defines and performs certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components. Supports fielded systems to assure continued reliability.
- Develops concepts for future propulsion systems to meet anticipated requirements. Works under general direction.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors of Science (or greater) from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry, or other technical degree.
- 3+ years' experience in engineering design, analysis, and/or equipment management.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Previous aerospace or aviation industry experience
- Experience with Propulsion and Fuels Engineering within Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA).
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively work with diverse teams.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in support of key milestones and aircraft delivery schedules.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a union represented position
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.