Experienced Software Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services is currently seeking Mid-Level Software Engineer / Product Owner to become part of the Training Systems team in Jacksonville, Florida. The Virtual Maintenance Training (VMT) Software team is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, and maintenance of training devices for a wide variety of commercial and military aircraft including F/A-18 and P-8 Poseidon. These virtual solutions vary from on the go training, classroom, to just in time training with AR and immerse VR.
The selected candidate will work with a team of software engineers to provide visual representation of the aircraft systems and simulate malfunctions to train the mechanic/warfighter. The team develops in a scaled agile environment in which tasking is pulled from the backlog and assigned according to engineers skillsets. Expectations for the selected candidate are to support objectives, organizations goals, and BGS customers.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and unit tests by utilizing software development environments and programming languages (C++, C#, ADA) into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Experience with Unreal game engine or Unity game engine
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree
- 3+ years of professional experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java, or Ada
- Experience as a lead engineer
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in Unity game engine and Unity Scripting
- 1+ years of experience with Scaled Agile Framework enterprise (SAFe) or Agile in general
- 1+ years of experience working with Open GL
- 1+ years of experience working with augmented reality and/or virtual reality technology
- 1+ years of experience using GiT
- Must have experience with shell Scripting languages including Python
- Worked in a Linux environment for at least 1 year
Typical Education and/ or Experience Qualifications:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (Jacksonville, FL).
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.