Experienced Technical Drafter
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking an Experienced Technical Drafter located in Heath, OH.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Develop engineering requirements into product definition data (e.g., detail, assembly and installation drawings, Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) data, parts list or Bill of Material (BOM) etc.)
- Maintain product/part structure and configuration management of product components
- Coordinate process requirements with impacted parties
- Communicate with stakeholders to modify existing work statements for new requirements
- Provide guidance on product definition data creation methods
- Perform validation of product definition data to insure the accuracy of completed work
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience designing tooling using CAD/CAM software, preferably CATIA
- Familiar with drawing/data systems and configuration management principles and processes
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in reviewing engineering documentation including drawings, models, specifications and standards
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, UML/SysML, 3DX, CATIA
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.