F-15 MECSIP Project Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing F-15 Platform Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) Team is currently seeking a project engineer to oversee the MECSIP (Mechanical Equipment and Subsystems Integrity Program) on the F-15EX Program.
The F-15EX Program is a part of the BoeingDefense, Space & Security (BDS) business unitlocated in St. Louis, Missouri: one of our largest, most dynamic sites with a broad business portfolio.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
- Establishing and maintaining the F-15EX Mechanical Equipment and Subsystems Integrity Program (MECSIP).
- Coordinating with the USAF customer along with various F-15 Engineering Teams such as Subsystems, Reliability and Maintainability as well as the F-15EX Program Management Office to develop and deliver MECSIP data items in accordance with MIL-STD-1798.
- Create new procedures for meeting MECSIP requirements.
- Participating in USAF/Boeing MECSIP Working Groups
- Creation, delivery and execution of a F-15EX MECSIP implementation Plan
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+years' of experienceleading a team of engineers
- 3+ years of experience with systems engineering including system architecture, requirements and interface development and allocation, verification and validation, integration and test, system trades, RCCA/FRACAS, and risk management
- 1 year of experience with Project Management Best Practice (PMBP)
Experience working with MECSIP and MIL-STD-1798
Experience working with F-15 or a comparable fighter aircraft
5 years of experience with aerospace materials and structures used on commercial and/or military aircraft
Experience with systems engineering practices (requirements definition, risk identification and management, fault tree generation, FMECA, etc.)
- Experience in aircraft sustainment requirements, reliability and maintainability, USAF technical orders, or USAF maintenance operations
- 5+ years of experience collecting data from multiple sources, performing analysis and presenting data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to listen, assimilate, evaluate and summarize. Sound ability to communicate with partners and customer at all levels
- Knowledge and experience with the overall system engineering life-cycle development cycle from proposal development and requirements definition through design, implementation, test, verification and production
- 3+ years of experience leading a team or a project
- 3+ years of experience on space, launch vehicle, and/or aircraft programs
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.