Lead Special Test Equipment System Architect
El Segundo, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) Engineeringis seeking a Lead STE System Architect to join our team in El Segundo, California.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
BT&E El Segundo STEengineeringis responsible for thedevelopment and delivery of test system solutions and Special Test Equipment (STE)engineering products to our satellitesystem test teams.Our STEengineeringteams create non-flight engineering product designswhichrange fromPCB-level designs to automated multi-rack test system designs with custom-designed panels andinclude everything in between.
- The Lead STE SystemArchitect is responsible for developing test architectures and the test measurement techniques that will ensure test readiness and first time quality. The Lead STE Architect role creates initial test systemdesign concepts based on program test requirements and the planned use of new and/or existing STE assets. This individual will seek to re-use proven, common STE products and will identify the need for any new, custom hardware or software so that a STE requirements baseline can be established.
- Once a multi-disciplined design team isidentified to complete the detailed level STEdesign effort, the Lead STE System Architectmay onlyprovide just consultation/oversight or may engaged directly untilthe test data review and sell-offcompletes.
- The Lead STESystem Architectpossesses extensive engineering knowledge and experience with satellite test using RF/digital/analog test equipment and with the design complex RF communications test systems. This individualwill also possess working knowledge of system requirements decomposition, verification and validation.
This individual will join the STE Architecture, Engineering and Design team which is challenging the status quo and driving the Model Based Engineering culture and operations outlook.
- Creates RF/T&C digital STE architectures and test measurement techniques based on program requirements. Artifacts include, but are not limited to, system block diagrams, RF gain budgets, system trade studies results and verification compliance matrices.
- Develops roadmaps for Test / STE products and services
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with BDS stakeholders, BT&E design teams and others. Works collaboratively with BDS System Engineering, the team responsible for defining STE requirements for government and commercial satellite programs
- Applies knowledge of product engineering discipline and design engineering standards. Provides oversight during STE hardware or software reviews and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Identifies areas of technical improvement to our internal teams and provides technical management of suppliers
- Facilitates the ongoing Model Based Engineering culture and work environment shift
- Develops or reviews test cases, verification compliance matrices and write system level procedures
- Executes in alignment with the Technical Lead Engineer (TLE) principles of Advise, Assist and Check. Facilitates skills development of less experienced engineers through feedback and coaching
- Works with BT&E management to integrate departmental plans and processes and provides input on MBSE strategies, engineering skills development and capital planning
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience using any of the commercial off the shelf (COTS) devices listed: PSAs (high performance spectrum analyzers); RF vector signal generators, network analyzers, AWGs (arbitrary waveform generators) or oscilloscopes?
- 8+ years of directly applicable experience in the architecting, design, integration and test experience with special test equipment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with systems engineers or STE software engineers to develop requirements for a system
- Active Security Clearance
Typical Education / Experience: education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years' related work experience, Master+18 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.