Leader of Materials Management & Transportation (Variable Shift)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing South Carolina Operations is seeking a Leader of Materials Management (Level K). This position will provide oversight to individual contributors for Boeing South Carolina Operations with the 787 program.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Manages and integrates employee's activities across more than one area in materials management and transportation.
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals.
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd & 3rdshifts
- 3+ years of experience with Material Management and/or Supply Chain Management.
- 3+ years of experience in advising and influencing managers or non-managers to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
- 3+ years of formal/informal leadership experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 787 Program Experience.
Relocation assistance is a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.