Linux System Administrator
Annapolis Junction, MD
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking aLinux Systems Administrator. Join this mature Prime contact and enjoy the benefits of working with a proven high-caliber team.The team applies skills in hardware/software/system architecture for cutting edge EW/RF Cyber applications in a tactical environment. The position involves the administration and configuration of Linux servers and workstations. This group offers upward mobility with the ability to strengthen technological capabilities.
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures.Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8thif they are not fully vaccinated.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provides LINUX administrationsupport for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Configures and manages LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Strong LINUX skills and experience working in a LINUX-based development environment
- Experience configuring and managingLINUX operating systems
- Experienceinstalling/loading of operating system software, troubleshooting, maintaining systemintegrity,and configuring network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- 1+ years in the Intelligence Community
- Bachelor's degreein a technical discipline with 5+ years of working experience; OR
- 9+ years of working experience in a related field
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required) :
- LINUX certification
- Strong networking background
- Experience maintaining SSPs
- Familiarity administering code repositories such as GIT and Subversion (SVN)
- Familiarity with the Agile (SCRUM) development methodology using continuous integration and delivery and Atlassian products
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.