Maritime Undersea Experienced Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
In Boeing's Maritime Undersea groupour engineers design, build, test, deploy, operate, and maintain a wide variety of mission critical platforms and systems for commercial and government customers. Our highly diverse portfolio of programs requires engineers who are driven, innovative, and committed to our customers' missions. Our engineering culture encourages and rewards independent thinking, commitment to teamwork, and a system-level vision. We are looking for highly motivated Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test team members for our Systems Engineering Capability to support program across our portfolio. As an Experienced Systems Engineer you will work with your program team supporting and leading the design and maintenance of system architectures, program requirements, interface specifications, and system testing. Our programs teams rely on Systems Engineers and testers that function in as an integrated part of our agile teams and contribute across the entire product lifecycle. If you are a motivated Systems Engineer with exceptional communication skills (oral and written), look forward to a dynamic work environment with a broad range of engineers from many skill areas, and aspire to develop technical leadership abilities, we are looking for you. This position is located in Herndon VA or Huntington Beach CA.
This job requires the application of an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. You will evaluate customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Working with the program team you will perform various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. You will support analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, system security, and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Lead requirements management, development, analyses, decomposition, allocation, testing, validation and verification as well as systems architecture, model based systems engineering, and CONOPS development.
- Partner with subject matter experts and technology experts in understanding technology development and integration into current state and future goals for increased functionality, performance, testability, verification and validation
- Lead and support the definition of functional architecture and modeling needs and coordinate efforts across teams to meet deliverables and program milestones
- Interface with customers and program management/leadership for systems engineering and integration and test team
- Participate in all aspects of systems engineering for current and future phases of program with design, qualification, and eventually production (womb to tomb).
- Follow and Implement best practices throughout all facts of systems engineering and integration and test understanding intent and need to ensure successful product development and production
- Actively participate in mentoringprogram forsystems engineers to instill cross functional skills insystems engineering, integration, and test in junior engineers
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 3+ years experience in Systems Engineering role
- Experience in Requirements Management including derivation / decomposition as well as traceability
- Experience in Risk Management Systems, process application, and risk management
- Knowledge of Trade Study processes and format
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) Process
- Experience with Integration and Testing process
- Knowledge of system architecture and modeling tools
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.