Material and Process Intern
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Material and Process Intern to be attached to the Boeing China Research & Technology (BRTC) business based in Boeing Tianjin Composites in Tianjin. The idea intern should have a strong mechanical or material engineering background, critical thinking, a passion for engineering and a good publication record.
- Assist BRTC's material and process engineers to manage project plans of qualifications, process improvements supplier developments.
- Research and analyzes external technologies which will benefit future aviation composite manufacturing especially on Model Based Engineering.
- Assists with material and process engineers on researching and understanding the regulatory requirement of raw material test, development and qualification.
- Must be able to live and work in China
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-yearEngineering and/or Science degree program in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degrees are appropriate (Master or Ph.D. programs in engineering even better)
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- Fluent in both Chinese and English speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong capability of self-learning and adaptability
- Excellent teamwork spirit and communication skills
- Experience in research projects, strong analytical and summarizing skills
- Experience in using of CATIA, ABAQUS or ANSYS will be a plus
Additional information :
- This requisition is for a locally hired internship.
- Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in China.
- Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
- Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
- The completion of this internship does not guarantee a full time employment with Boeing China.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it's the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company's commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.