Mid Level Semiconductor Radiation Effects Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T): Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
Within BR&T, Boeing's Solid State Electronics Development organization (SSED) performs microelectronics technology development and design for aerospace systems. We develop digital, analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar, navigation, electronic warfare, communications, processing, and other electronic systems. These systems are used on Boeing airborne, terrestrial, and satellite platforms. Designs are implemented with state of the art semiconductor process technologies including CMOS, GaAs, GaN, and SiGe. SSED uses external wafer fabrication but performs design (architecture, RTL, synthesis, circuits, physical design, verification, packaging and test) in house. SSED has numerous microelectronics projects, funded both by internal Boeing customers and external Government Science and Technology (S&T) customers, and is nationally recognized in aerospace microelectronics design communities. SSED's large staff of microelectronics engineers conduct research, design, and test microelectronics hardware in support of these projects.
SSED executes a variety of exciting, technically challenging projects, offering endless opportunities to develop depth and breadth of technical skills. We offer long-term potential for career growth into both technical leadership and/or management positions and seek curiosity, creativity, innovation, attention to detail, clear communication, and the ability to understand and meet customer needs.
We are seeking semiconductor radiation effects engineers with experience leading radiation test, analysis, and modeling of integrated CMOS circuits. Tasks may include executing or leading radiation test campaigns for Total Ionizing Dose (TID), Single Event Effects (SEE)including heavy ions, high energy protons, and low energy protonsprompt dose effects, and neutron effects; analyzing test data and sharing results with designers; modeling radiation effects in semiconductor devices and integrated circuits; preparing test plans and test reports; guiding development of radiation effects mitigations in integrated circuit designs; presenting results to customers; and defining the future of radiation effects characterization and mitigation through proposal development and market shaping.
This position allows for a hybrid work arrangement which is a combination of remote and on site work, generally includes routinely working virtually one or more days per week, schedules may vary by week
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in semiconductor radiation effects
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience conducting TID, SEE, prompt dose, and neutron effects testing on advanced analog, digital, and mixed signal ICs
- Experience modeling TID, SEE, prompt dose, and neutron effects in semiconductor devices and ICs
- Experience with advanced commercial semiconductor fabrication process technologies, including multi-gate (e.g. FinFET), silicon-on-insulator (SOI), and silicon germanium (SiGe) processes.
- Experience with Technology computer-aided design (TCAD)
- Experience with experimental process technologies (e.g. Gate-all-around FETs (GAAFETs))
- Experience with design and test of electronics for extreme environments
- A clear understanding of IC design flow from device-level modelling through library development and final chip-level design and verification.
- Experience working on large-scale SoC design teams
- Experience supporting military programs
- Demonstrated track record as a self-motived, independent, high-performance team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Experience organizing and leading teams
- Active security clearance
Typical Education / Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Union: This is a union-represented position.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.