Mid-Level Software Engineer - DevSecOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Software Engineer - DevSecOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (Level 3) to join their Enterprise DevSecOps team. These position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense Systems (BDS) business organization. This position can be located in Saint Louis, MO, Colorado Springs, CO, Fairfax, VA, or El Segundo, CA.
In this role, you will help guide the Boeing Enterprise transformation of DevSecOps across our business units. The successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain a modern system deployment to the cloud environment with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows for system build, test and deploy in containerized microservices. We operate as a fast paced agile team. We seek candidates who have proven skills in DevOps, Cloud environments, software development, test automation, and system automation.
These positions will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The DevOps team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from or lead others.
This position allows telecommuting and does require applicants to live in either of the listed location options: Saint Louis, MO, Colorado Springs, CO, El Segundo, CA, Fairfax, VA full-time.
- Develop and Enhance our DevOps operations in multiple Cloud Service environments
- Perform in the entire software development life cycle of the DevOps tool chain
- Collaborate on idea creation and development of the DevOps tool chain
- Support the ongoing lifecycle maintenance of the DevOps tool chain
- Support the software quality efforts of our Boeing product deliveries to our customers
Technology areas of this position are:
- Agile product development
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Automated system testing, integration, and deployment
- Rolling out upgrades to our software factories as needed
- Work closely with developers, testers, and system engineers from multiple product teams
- Suggest modifications to the DevSecOps workflow to improve efficiency
- Research and pitch new tools/products to the team
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
BasicQualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with modern software development methodologies
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years' experience have with Cloud technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AZURE, or AWS
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Go, or C++
- 4+ years' experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms
- 4+ years' experience working with and supporting systems with Linux Operating System (OS)
- Proficient in technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, Rancher, Openshift, Git, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, or AppDynamics
- 1+ years' experience with Docker, Podman and/or Kubernetes
- Strong Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter that can thrive in a distributed remote work environment
- Understanding of secure software development methodologies and Security First mindset
- Understanding of designing and implementing full stack/Microservice infrastructure
- Understanding of Istio/Service Mesh
- Have the ability to set up, and manage a tool-chain using tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, ELK, SonarQube, Jira, Prometheus, Fluentd, Helm, DataGrid, JBoss, Cloud Suite, OpenShift, Docker and more
- Understanding of security controls such as DoD RMF, HIPAA, or Security Operations Center (SOC)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: 75,000 Max: 133,000
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.